You're different

It was the final lesson before school ends, and unfortunately, I shared the last class with Sasuke Uchiha.

I took my seat, preparing my books and notes. This time, I can't afford to be doodling or napping in classes since the finals are drawing closer. Since lunch, my best friends has helped me to distract myself from my thoughts about the confession and the younger Uchiha.

But now there's no avoiding him, I thought to myself as all my suppressed thoughts and feelings came rushing back to me when he entered the classroom. His eyes searched the class room briefly before landing on me.

My heart started to race as our eyes met for that quick second.

He walked over and sat down next to me indifferently. I felt awkward around him again, why did he have to choose to sit beside me?!
I fidgeted in my seat, opening my notes to re read the previous lesson teachings.

"I can sit else where if you'd like." He muttered as he must have noticed my jitteriness. I could see his face turned to me from my peripheral vision, while my eyes were glued down to my note book. He was waiting for my answer so patiently, that he did not even unpack his bag.

I didn't know how to respond. If I told him to move, I would sound like an asshole. But at the same time, I really didn't want to sit next to him.
"..You-"
"Okay, class. Take your seats." The teacher scrolled into the room and hushed the noisy students. He greeted us and got us to open our textbooks.

Looks like my fate has been decided by our teacher.

The teacher started his lecture and I was taking down notes but even at this point, Sasuke was still just looking at me with an empty desk in front of him.
He waited a few more minutes for me to acknowledge his presence before getting up to switch seats.

But right before he could fully stand, I grabbed his wrist instantly and pulled him back down to the chair. "What are you doing? The teacher has already started the lesson." I whispered to him without giving him solid eye contact. I could almost hear my voice crack when I was talking to him.

He looked a bit surprised at first but a smirk grew on his face. ".. Yeah, you're right."

I continued to take down notes, determined to not let the Uchiha's presence affect my grades which I have been working so hard for.
But meanwhile, Sasuke was barely taking down anything. He just seemed to be overjoyed sitting next to me as I caught his casual glances over to me every so often.

"What? I'm trying to concentrate!" I asked him softly after catching him staring at me for the 100th time. He was resting his chin on his hand calmly, "Why? Do you find me distracting?" He asked cockily.

"Hell no!" My face started growing hot again. Damn this Uchiha, he's too good at flirting!
I used my notebook to cover the side of my face where Sasuke was so it would block his vision of me and my vision of him.

He lightly pushed my notebook down to the table with his index finger, "Did you give it any thought?"

"Wha- No! I'm too busy revising for the finals."

"So, will you give me your answer after the finals?"

I diverted my attention from the teacher to him. In my head, I was planning out the words to say to reject him nicely. But no words actually came past my lips.

"..Sorry, I'm being impatient again." Sasuke continued, he looked away from me and to the teacher this time.
"I'm just scared of losing you to someone else."
He muttered under his breath softly.
I was taken aback by him again.

Is that why he suddenly confessed?
But after we graduate, we'll most likely be moving out to the colleges' dorm since most of colleges are far from here. On top of that, we will most probably be in different colleges. I can barely enter college while he has all the elite schools offering him a slot there.

Whats the point then?
We would barely be seeing each other.
He will probably forget about me.

My heart dropped when I realised this.

He..He will probably stop loving me then.

Then, why didn't I just reject him if I knew deep down we could never work out?
It'll just be a waste of time.
How stupid of me.

The bell finally rang and time had mercy on me. I hurriedly started to pack up and because of my hastiness, I accidentally dropped my notebook on to the floor. I squatted down to reach out for it on the ground, but as I did, Sasuke's hand touched mine when we picked it up at the same time.

I let go and withdrew myself immediately. He seemed to notice this and looked slightly disappointed. "Here." He handed the notebook to me after standing up.

"Thanks.." I mumbled, mentally slapping myself for that reaction over something so minor.
"Want a ride home?" He offered. I slid the notebook into my bag, looking at him in the eyes.

This could be a good chance to reject him while we are alone.

I slung my bag over my shoulder, "Sure." I accepted his ride. His eyes widen a bit as if not expecting me to accept it but I caught him with a small smile before he turned and walked out of class. I followed behind, my hand gripped the bag strap tightly and nervously as we made our way over to his car.

Goddammit, why are you so nervous?!
I have been rejecting girls for years. Years!
He is no different.

.. No different.

I sat in his car, the familiar scent, the same  leather seat I've been sitting in and the same person I was sitting next to in the car.
It felt comfortable.
Almost felt like home.

I spotted him gripping his steering wheel tightly before sighing deeply as he started the engine.
"You.. alright?" I asked him.
"Yeah. How about you?" He shot that question back to me.

Me..?

"My sudden confession must have scared you."
I continued looking at him, digesting what he was saying.

It was definitely a shock to me.. Not only a week ago were we still ignoring each other. Like we were strangers.
We were almost nothing.

"But I'm glad you are giving it a thought. I thought you would flat out deny me and laugh in my face. But now.. Even if the chances are slim, I'm more than happy to at least have that amount of chance to be with you."