Sleep - Lando Norris

'You look like you haven't slept all night,' Jon noticed as soon as you and Lando arrived at the paddock.

'Well thanks,' Lando sarcastically said. 'I slept great.' Everything he said was sarcastic, which was one of the signs that he didn't sleep very well last night. Lando had been up all night tossing and turning, not being able to sleep because he didn't feel very well. Today was race day, and he wanted to drive so bad that he decided not to tell anyone. You also had no idea how bad he slept, because whenever you slept, a canon could go off next to your head and you would still continue sleeping. But you knew Lando well enough that you could tell that he didn't sleep very well last night. He has been your boyfriend for almost a year now.

Lando and Jon talked over some things for the race while you made your way to the McLaren facility. Lando changed into his racing gear, and the three of you walked to the garage. You talked with Charlotte over some things, while Lando sat down in his car. They needed to adjust a few things, so he needed to be in the car a little earlier.

'Half an hour to go,' Charlotte said.

'I can't wait to watch the race.' During quali some things already happened, which promised a lot for the race.

'Lando?'

Your head shot up as you heard his name.

Jon was bowed over the car and smiled before he walked towards you.

'What's going on?' you asked him.

'He fell asleep in the car. He didn't sleep very well last night, did he?'

'He did what?' you chuckled and walked over to the car, to see a sleeping Lando in his seat. You smiled and quickly took a photo with your phone before you walked over to Charlotte and Jon again. 'But to answer your question, I don't think he slept very well last night. I wouldn't know, because I'm almost in a coma, but he didn't want to get out of bed, and he's a bit cranky.'

'Are we going to let him race?' Charlotte asked.

'He'll probably feel better after a quick nap, and the adrenaline in his body should keep him hyped, but let's see how he is after he wakes up,' Jon said.

Charlotte nodded. The two of them started to discuss some things, so you decided you leave them to it. You walked over to the car and looked at Lando. There were so many loud noises in the garage, but this man just passed right out in his car. He looked so cuddly.

'Is he asleep in his car?' you heard behind you.

You turned around and saw Carlos looking over your shoulder. 'He is.'

Carlos laughed. 'Only this man can fall asleep in his car.'

You chucked and nodded.

After 20 minutes, it was time to wake Lando up.

'I'll do it,' you said to Jon as you heard him talk to Charlotte about who should wake him up.

'Alright.'

You walked back to the car and went with your hand through his hair. 'Lando, wake up.'

He mumbled something which you couldn't hear.

'You have the race soon. You have to wake up.'

Lando sighed, and his eyes slowly opened. He rubbed his eyes.

You stopped playing with his hair and looked at Lando.

He looked back at you. 'Please continue doing that.'

'What? Playing with your hair?'

Lando nodded.

You giggled. 'You have to get the car out in 10 minutes. Tonight I can play with your hair for as long as you want.'

'That's a deal.' Lando got out of his car. He quickly kissed you before he got ready.