Chapter 54

After Yua left reluctantly, another woman presented herself to the emperor. 

Emperor Akihiko sighed deeply, and didn't bother to accept her greetings either. As she moved closer to the emperor, he whipped his head up in alarm. His reaction startled many onlookers, including Sir Vigos. 

The woman's rosy scent filled his nose. The smell was strangely familiar, and he was overwhelmed with how nostalgic and soothing he felt.

He roughly pulled her towards him and inhaled the nape of her neck. The woman blushed in surprise at his show of favor, thrilled by the suggestive gestures.

He surveyed the small figure before him, taking in her delicate features which was similar to the previous woman. Her wrapped-front garment was sumptuously lavish, with elaborate embroidery around the silky fabric. Her appearance was completely unfamiliar to Akihiko, and her name had been forgotten by him already. 

Despite not recalling the woman's name, the emperor invited her to his chambers that night, which was something he had never done before. It seemed as if he had approved of this woman. The word spread like wildfire, and soon enough, the entire capital knew of this occurrence. 

"The emperor finally accepted a woman!"

****

When the pair was finally alone, he addressed her calmly.

"Your fragrance. . .You smell like roses." He didn't know how he knew of this scent. However, he couldn't help but be drawn to the smell and embrace it. What was wrong with him?

"Yes, it's from the market. Do you like it, your majesty?"

". . ."

Emperor Akihiko didn't respond. Instead, he pulled her closer, setting her delicate body onto his lap. He embraced her carefully, gently tracing her neck with his hands. As the woman leaned closer to his face, her cheeks were inflamed.

He noticed immediately and frowned. The emperor suddenly didn't want to be near this woman anymore, disgusted by her close proximity. He abruptly drew away, snapping out of his own trance. He pushed her off of his lap, realizing that he had been momentarily seduced by her scent.

"Who sold this to you? Specifically, what was their name?" He demanded.

"My perfume. . .?" The woman was bewildered by his sudden rejection, trying to collect herself before she could reply.

"I can't remember... I do know his name means dragon though. . . Oh! It was Draco!" The woman squeaked as she recalled the strange man. 

Lord Draco? Akihiko paused. The one who helped improve Krastia's economy and provided me with many resources? 

"He convinced me to purchase his goods after informing me that the legendary beauty of Nour wore this specific scent." She rambled on about the beauty of Nour, describing her silver white appearance in admiration. ". . . How can such a woman exist?"

Caelina?

He stilled, staring at the woman strangely. 

Meanwhile, the woman was unaware of the emperor's change in mood, nor was she aware of the connection between the emperor and the rose-scented perfume. She was a rather simple person, not educated or well informed of such significant details. She continued to ramble foolishly, wondering when their first night would resume. 

However, the emperor's expression only darkened until it became noticeably menacing.

"And do you know what happened to this legendary beauty of Nour?" He finally questioned.