sequel: chapter fifteen

A therapist

A therapist.

Should I go to a therapist? Why should I go to a therapist? What can they possibly say to help me get better?

I put down my coffee and went downstairs. Brynnley went to go take the kids to the doctors for their checkup. I was going to go but Brynnley ordered me to stay here, in the quiet to think.

She gave me a week to think about it, eventually, she got me to agree and I just finished my first session this morning.

It wasn't all that bad but still.

My thoughts were cut off by the ring of a doorbell. I opened the door to see someone I did not expect at all.

"Jax?" She gasps. "I wasn't expecting you to be home."

"Paris, how the hell do you know where I live?" I snapped.

"Well, I—"

"I don't care, get out."

"Wha—"

"Paris, leave and don't come back."

"But—"

"I said leave."

"Who is screaming?" Brynnley walks near the path and stops when she sees us two.

"Brynn!" Paris smiles.

"Paris, I wasn't expecting you to come today." Brynnley hugs her.

"Well, I decided to pop in a little early." Paris hugs her back.

Hugging? Smiling?

This is not how I remember.

The last time these two were together Paris was on the floor bleeding and Kylie had beaten her up.

"He looks so confused." Paris laughs.

"Probably because I am," I answered not so nicely.

"Paris came to my house and apologized when you were... you know gone. We've been in touch for years now." Brynn explained. "She's actually not that big of a bitch."

"Yeah, I come just to help her out. I also bring Journey and the kids gifts." She smiles.

"Paris!" Sol screams.

"Hi, it's good to see you again." She picks up my daughter.

"Hi daddy, have you met Paris before? She's like Santa Claus." Sol gives me a big wide smile.

"Yes, I have met her." She jumps into my arms and I held her.

"Hi, Paris." Journey hugs her legs.

"Hi, sweetie."

"Can I talk to you?" I asked Brynn when she got into the house.

"What?" She asks.

"Friends with Paris? Are you sure about this? Like what if this is some evil mind game?" I asked.