sequel: chapter eighteen

"Babies I need your help!" I yelled poking my head out of my room

My kids were currently playing in the living room, well Sol and Bodhi were playing while Journey was doing her homework.

Extra credit homework. I raised a cute little nerd and I'm proud of it.

Their footsteps rumbled and five seconds later they all piled into the room.

"Did you fall?"

"Did a bug bite you, mommy?"

"Did you eat all of my food?!"

They all asked making me laugh. "No, no, and Bodhi I'm not Sol. I won't steal your food." Technically I bought the food so it's not stealing.

I pointed to the bed and they ear climbed and sat on top of it facing me.

"So mommy and daddy are going on a date tonight—"

"Oh my goodness! Yes! Yes! Yes!" Journey screamed bouncing up and down on the bed catching me by surprise.

Usually, Journey was always calm, she wasn't a boring person but she never seemed this excited over anything. Well except for when we lost her stuffed elephant, Teddy, and found it under her bed.

I believe she lost her voice for three days after screaming her head off from excitement.

"We have been waiting for this day for a long time mommy," Sol says as Journey is still dancing on the bed.

"Well, I can tell from the amount of excitement that your sister is showing right now." Journey gets off the bed and hops over hugging my leg. "I love you, baby." I picked her up hugging her tightly.

"Why do you need us, mommy?" Bodhi asks.

"Well mommy needs you to help her choose a dress to wear," I tell them putting Journey down.

"And heels? Wait, can we do your makeup too?" Sol asks excitedly.

"You can choose the heels but you most definitely cannot put makeup on me. The last time you did that, I ended up looking worst than a clown." I shook my head.

Seriously like they told me they were trying to make me look pretty and ended up drawing on me with eyeshadow as if I was some sort of piece of paper.

I had what looked like a sun at the top of my head, a giraffe on my cheek, and a bowl of fruits on my lips.

I may or may not have fallen asleep while they were applying makeup on me but still. How was drawing a giraffe on my face going to make me look pretty?

Then again, they're kids. They probably got bored.

"Alright kids, go into the closet and look for something cute but not too short because it's chilly outside." Journey and Sol went straight into the closet to look for clothes.