sequel: chapter twenty-three

"Journey be careful," Jax says sternly

After Journey took a good two-hour nap with me she is now bouncy off the walls and running around the house like she was the most invincible little human there is.

"Catch me, daddy!" She says doing a trust fall. Jax ran over to her and caught her when she was early four inches away from hitting the ground.

"She is like a middle schooler on drugs." Kian laughs when Jax tosses her off his shoulder. She's flailing her legs and arms.

"Journey, baby you need to slow down before you get hurt." He tells her holding her in front of him.

"Fine old man."

"I'm not old." He tells her.

She giggles, hitting his cheeks before he tackles her with a bunch of kisses and tackles.

"They're so adorable." Kylie smiles.

"Have you guys thought about having kids?" I asked them.

They looked at each other and then at me. They both shook their heads. "We don't want any right now, maybe in the future." Kylie shrugs.

"Yeah, for right now we'll just take your kids and have fun with them." Kian laughs and Kylie nods her head agreeing.

The doorbell rings and I jump out of my seat running over to the door. I opened it and my smile faltered.

"Are you not happy to see us?" Rex asks.

"Man I thought you were Chloe." I stomped back in the house.

"Is Chloe here yet?" Kylie asks, peering from the couch.

"No," I mumbled.

She grumbles and sits back down.

"You two are so rude." Kyle mumbles. He comes into the house with Rex following behind him. "Where are the little twats? I have gifts."

I pointed upstairs and Kyle left.

Jax comes over to Rex to do one of those guy handshake thingy. "How's football? Any girls or guys I should know about?" Jax asks raising his eyebrow at Rex.

He lets out a low chuckle, "Football is great, I love traveling and playing against different teams. As for girlfriends uh no, I'm single and I'm having fun... with guys."

"We can tell." Kylie, Kian, and I said at the same time. We gestured to his neck which had a display of hickeys.

Rex is not straight, he is bi-sexual and has been experiencing with both genders. He believes he could also be pansexual but he still isn't sure about it yet.

His face reddens a tad bit, making Jax let out a loud laugh before smacking his back. The doorbell rings and I run-up to the door.

"Chloe!" I yelled jumping up and down while she shouts my name, following my actions.

"And Dylan!" Dylan shouts copying our movements. Chloe and I pushed him out of the way, hugging each other.

"I missed you so so soooooo much! How was Europe?" Kylie asked pulling her inside the house.

She quickly gives Kylie and Kian a hug. "It was really nice, the food was chef's kiss, and the view was beautiful. I kind of miss it but I'm glad to be home for a little while."

"You'll come over more now?" I asked.

"No." Dylan answers before she could.

"You can't stop her while you're at work." I sassed putting my hands on my hips.

He copies my actions, "I'll handcuff her to my bed."

"Ouuu Dylan I didn't know you were that kinky," I answered making his cheeks heat up. Kian lets out a really loud cackle and starts rolling on the floor.

"I--uh... I hate you." Dylan grumbles.

"You don't but whatever helps you sleep better at night." I shrugged. He slaps my forehead before going to sit on the couch.

Chloe tugs on my hand, "Can I talk to you real quick?"

I nodded, "Yeah, what's up?"

We both walked into the kitchen and sat down at the counter. "Uhhh I don't know how to tell you.."

"Did you cheat on Dylan?!" I asked and her eyes widen.

She slaps my arm, "No you bitch! I would never."

"Yeah, I know." I laughed. "You're pregnant," I asked making her jaw drop.

"How'd you know?"

"You have that pregnant lady glow," I said pointing to her cheekbones. "Does he know?"

"No, not yet. I'm not sure how I want to tell him." She sighs. "What if he doesn't want kids?" She asks nervously. "What if he leaves us?"

"Chloe, we are not gonna overthink this okay? Dylan would never leave you and his child. He loves you too much to do that." I reassured her. "Think about it, you travel all the time for work so he barely gets to see you. He doesn't go around cheating or partying, he works and then comes back to your home and waits for you to call him so you guys could talk. Well, sometimes he waits here because he likes to spend time with the kids."

"He waits for me?" She asks tearing up. "Why am I crying?"

"It's the hormones, trust me they get worse." I held her hand. "He waits for you every night, look."

I pulled out my phone showing her Dylan and I's messages. Most of them were claiming how bored he was without Chloe and how much he missed her. He texts me when she can't because of work.

The rest were arguments because apparently I'm always wrong and he's always right.

"Thank you." She hugs me. "You know I never really had a girl friend until Dylan introduced me to you. Most of the girls I met at boarding school were so toxic so thank you for being such a great friend to me."

"Of course Chloe, I'll always be here for you." I pulled her into a hug.

"I'll do it tonight."

"What?"

"I'll tell him tonight with you guys here. What could be better than telling him around the people he loves?"

"Sounds good, now we just have to figure out how."

"I know, it's cliche but it'll work."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: april 17th, 2021

Ahhhh who's happy for Dylan? I am hehehee!

I ordered the Off-Campus & Briar U series by Elle Kennedy to start my romance book collection and I'm so freaking excited.

Do you prefer physical copies of books or digital?

I like both however, when I have it physical I can highlight or bookmark my favorite lines, parts etc. I wish wattpad had that kind of feature. They have it but like you have to pay in order to see what you've chose a sticker thingy on.

I hope you guys have a great week, please remember to stay safe and love yourself. I love you, MUAH!