chapter 71

KIKIOPE

It's been a month since school resumed, a month since we became seniors and a month since the incident. We'd ended our GCE two weeks ago and now we were preparing for our WAEC and JAMB.

"It's almost time for morning lesson oo and you know the stupid man doesn't tolerate lateness," Bimpe announced and I nodded while packing my books into my bag.

"Let's go oo," Doyin shouted.

"I'm coming," I slid my legs into my slippers, one the teacher mustn't see on me but who cares, it was morning lesson after all, we'll still come back to the hostel for breakfast so I'll change into my shoes then.

We headed to the school, while Doyin left for her class, Bimpe and I went over to ours and we met our teacher  there.

"Why are you guys late?" He questioned and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

Bimpe glanced at the wall clock," It's just five minutes."

"And so? It's like you people don't know what is before you? We are talking about WAEC and JAMB here, keep playing with it or you think because you've written GCE now you don't need the others, I pity you, it's even good that the school decided not to release your GCE result until you finish your WAEC," he turned to the class, "I'm telling you now, your final exams is not a joke at all, many of you will cry that day, if you think there's one expo, you're on your own oo, you're…"

Bimpe cut in, "Sir, can we go and sit?"

He nodded, "Of course, I've said my own, I won't talk again," then he turned back to the board.

"Like he won't repeat it tomorrow again," Bimpe whispered.

"Tomorrow ke abi later in the day, the way all these teachers are even talking about the final exams as if it's rapture gan is just so tiring, everything WAEC this JAMB that, oga oo," I whispered back before we eventually sat down.

"So, as I was saying before the interruption, you're to answer year 1992 from your Past question and I expect nothing less than 90, it's something you've done before, you're all familiar with it and I already thought you the techniques, anyone that scores less than 90 should expect Conference beating," he concluded and we all grumbled.

Noise filled the whole class, it's in JANU college that SS3 students receive the most beatings and punishment, they made conference beating mandatory for us so, everyone really tightened their belt, no one wants to get disgraced on the assembly ground in front of their Juniors.

"Keep making noise oo, I might just change my mind and serve you round before you start attempting the questions."

With that the class fell silent and we all concentrated on our book. Almost an hour later, the class ended and we went back to the hostel.

After breakfast, we went back to school, while other students sauntered to the assembly, we SS3 students stayed in our class for our morning drill. Today being Monday, maths test was our morning drill, Stone face walked into our class with his stoic face and he distributed our test papers.

Even after the test, classes resumed immediately, we were only free during break, they made school really tiring for us all in the name of final exams.

I entered my class meant for my study groups with Khalid, we were both in the same study groups, at least that still made the study group somehow fun for me. We always conveyed for the study group after the evening classes that always ended by five, the studying was meant for an hour and at such we do leave school by six in the evening, even at that, we still go for prep class between eight and ten.