sequel: chapter thirty

After a couple more hours at that stupid ball

After a couple more hours at that stupid ball. Some doofus named Bennet Garner won billionaire of the year.

Apparently so far no female has won yet and Brynn was planning on getting that award one year only because she wanted it to be a women for once.

I just listened to her little devilish plan and agreed to whatever she wanted.

I drove us home, thankfully making it home safely.

Brynn held my hand as we walked upstairs and into our bedroom.

"I miss my kids." She whines.

"You say it as if you don't see them everyday." I chuckled.

Even though it may not seem like we hang out with our kids everyday, we do. We can't get rid of them. Every night we would watch a Disney movie with them or play games, build forts literally everything they wanted.

Brynn worked a lot but she still made time for the kids and I. She was her own boss so it isn't hard for her to take a day off.

She zips down her dress and lets it fall before jumping on the bed and lying on her back.

"C'mere." She says holding her arms open, wiggling her fingers. I took off my jacket and laid on top of her, right on her chest. "You're incredibly amazing."

"That's you." I mumbled against her skin. She tangles her fingers into my hair, playing with it.

"That's us." She corrected. "Even with the ups and downs we've been through we still managed to find a way back together, our kids are growing, healthy, and happy. You make me happy."

"I what?"

"You make me--- I know you heard me." She slaps my back.

I chuckled, lifting myself up so I could hover above her. "You make me happy too." I kissed her lip. "I don't know why you'd always come back to me though. After all the things I did." I frowned as the flashbacks start to hit.

I have hurt this beautiful woman so many times.

She shrugs, taking off my tie.

"People make mistakes, they grow and they learn more and more everyday. You didn't treat me badly, you just said things because you were stupid and didn't think about it beforehand." She smiles making me laugh. "I came back to you because I believe in chances, not dumb ones but smart ones. Regardless of the things you said and did, you made sure I was happy by the end of every night we were together, you made sure I was well cared for, and you made sure all the kids are good before you were. That to me is proof that you aren't just an asshole, but a caring, responsible one too." Her fingers go down unbuttoning all the buttons.

"Did you just call me an asshole?" I questioned

"Is that all you got from what I said?" She asks. "Men and their stupid selective hearing." She mumbles shaking her head.