•59•

Sam

"wake up, hon" I hear my mom say as she shakes me gently and my eyes flutter open "get ready for school" I sigh "can I stay home?" I asks as I sit up rubbing my eyes "Sam-" "please mom, I don't wanna go" I beg knowing she was going to say no she sighs "alright" I smile a bit "thank you" she nods "well I'm gonna go to work" she says patting my leg as she stands up "ok bye" I say as I grab my phone "bye, be safe" she says as she leaves my room closing the door behind her I sigh and turn on some music and lay on my back looking up at the ceiling what if Colby doesn't make it? I'll have to raise our child on my own and he or she will never meet him, what if he already died and I haven't been informed yet? wha- "Sammy?" I get taken out of my thoughts by Devyn's voice "y-yeah?" I say sitting up and wiping my tears and she comes in "are you coming to school?" she asks "no" she sighs "alright I'll see you after then" I hum "also please eat" "I will" she nods "bye" "bye" she leaves and closing the door behind her and I play my music again and lay on my back closing my eyes deciding to go to sleep so I can stop thinking.

-

I wake up cold so I go to cuddle into Colby but soon remembering he's not here and I let out a sad sigh and sit up and grab my phone 12:30 I sigh again and get up going to the bathroom. I leave the bathroom and go to my closet and change into sweats and another one of Colby's hoodies. I grab my phone and head downstairs going into the kitchen and go to the fridge grabbing things to make a sandwich. I sit at the couch and eat, I sigh and turn on the tv trying to drown out my thoughts. My phone rings so I grab it seeing its Colby's mom I sigh and answer "hey Mrs. Brock" I say as I turn down the tv "hey dear, did Colby stay at yours he never came home he said he was coming back here after work and he won't answer my calls" tears prick my eyes "y-you don't know?" I say as I hold back my tears "know what dear?" "h-hes in the hospital, in a coma.." she gasps "oh my, is-is he going to be ok?" "I- I don't know.. they said he's lost a lot of blood and he has a slim chance of making it since his juggler vein has been cut" she sniffles "o-ok thank you for letting me know" I hum and she hangs up I sigh and lower my phone from my ear and go to Devyn's contact texting her

Sammyy: could you leave early?

Devyn✨: why?

Sammyy: I want to see Colby

Devyn✨: oh ofc I'll come get you soon

Sammyy: thanks

I turn off my phone and get up from the couch and put my plate in the sink and grab a water from the fridge and take a drink going back to the living room. Minutes later Devyn texts me saying she's here so I turn off the tv and go to the door and slip on my shoes. I go out to her car and get in the passenger seat and she starts the car and pulls out "did you eat?" she asks glancing at me and back to the road "yes, I won't stop eating it's not healthy for the baby" she nods with a small smile and she continues driving to the hospital.

Colby

I'm alive but I'm dead. I see everything but I can't move or talk. I can see myself lying on the hospital bed I can see the doctors coming in and checking up on me I can hear when they talk even their thoughts I hear them thinking that they're just going to pull the plug I try my hardest to come back. I'm talking but it's my spirit I hear it coming out of my mouth but no one hears me. I'm like a fly on a wall I just observe everything and instead of hoping to not get squished and killed I'm hoping to get back in my body and not die.
A doctor comes in and checks up on me I hear her thoughts 'it's so sad.. you have a family coming but you won't be there to experience it.. I don't want to do this.. so I won't.. I'll give him time.. I'll see if he'll hold up and come through.. if not the plug gets pulled-' "no! Don't pull it please! I'm alive!" I try yelling but she doesn't hear cause I'm only a fly on the wall.. she leaves the room leaving me to look at myself lying there lifeless seeing the machines.