Why Me

Harry's POV

Two weeks after the start of the year, and Malfoy seems more off then usual.

Hermione and I have been sneaking off to the library often, trying to find a clue about what is wrong with him. Hermione has come up with two most probable possibilities. He is having family Death Eater problems, or he has and issue similar to Professor Lupin's from third year.

"Hey, Harry!" Hermione calls from the aisle to my left. "Can you come over here for a second?"

When I make my way over to her, I see her holding up Identifying A Transformation by Nuevo Lobo. She waves me over to her side, pointing at a page titled Werewolves.

"Do you think that he's like Lupin? A werewolf?" Hermione asks. "I mean, he's been acting stressed, and not his normal self. His snarky comments seem almost defensive. It would make sense that he was turned over the summer, and doesn't know how to deal with his transformation."

I nod. "Maybe."

"I'll try to confront him about it later," Hermione says, "In the meantime, you have History of Magic homework to get done, and if you want my help, you better do it now."

"Yes ma'am," I reply with a grin, "After you."

Laughing, we make our way towards the comfy chairs.

Draco's POV

After two weeks without feeding, I'm starting to feel the effects. I feel drowsy, tired, and weak. Due to the fact that I'm still a fairly new vampire, I need to feed more often then normal.

Pansy offered to have me drink from her, but I couldn't do it. What if a hurt her! I would never forgive myself.

Walking away from the Defense against the Dark Arts classroom after Potter's little show against Umbridge, I get interrupted by Granger.

"Malfoy! I need to talk to you." She says, dragging me off into an underpopulated corridor.

"What do you want, Granger?" I ask.

"Harry and I have been noticing you acting off so we went to the library-"

"How lovely! You care about my well being!" I interrupt her. "That's fabulous! Now if you would excuse me, I have places to be."

"Malfoy!" Granger yells. "I know what you are!"

I start to panic a little. Did she figure it out? Oh Merlin!

"I-I have no idea what you are talking about," I reply, cursing myself for my stupid stutter.

"You, are a werewolf," Hermione says, sounding gentile, but pleased with herself.

I almost burst out laughing. A werewolf? She thinks I'm a werewolf!

"Sorry Granger, but I'm not a werewolf."

"But you are something!" She points out.

"No, I'm just Malfoy. Won most annoying git four years in a row, Malfoy," I reply smoothly, "Now, I must be going. Blaise and Pansy are waiting for me. Lovely chat."

With that, I push past a flushed and frustrated Granger, and head off towards the Great Hall for dinner. Once there, I make my way over to where Pansy and Blaise are sitting.

"Hey." I say in greeting.

"Hello Draco! Why are you so late? I didn't see you come out of DADA with us." Pansy asks.

"Granger cornered me. Asked if I'm a werewolf." I reply, and the two other Slytherin's give me sad smiles.

"At least she didn't get it right," Blaise points out, and I nod.

"Yeah, that would be awful."

I look down at the mountains of food all around me, and suddenly feel sick. Oh, I wish I could eat. I miss apples.

It is then that Potter enters the room, his delicious scent filling the room. Merlin, this boy is going to drive me mad!

"I'm going to go to the library to work on the History of Magic homework. See you guys." I say, gathering my things.

"Alright." Pansy says with a small, sad smile, grabbing my arm in an almost motherly way. "Have fun."

I walk to the library, and immediately get to work. I sit there, purely focused on my work. When I finally look up at a clock, it's past curfew. Shit!

I grab my stuff and run out of the library blindly. Then I run into something, or actually, someone.

"What the heck Potter!" I yell, glaring at the Gryffindor as I scramble to pick up my things. It is then when I smell it.

It smells heavenly, freezing me to my spot. Then I realize it. Damn it! Potter is bleeding!

I whirl around. "Why are you bleeding!"

"W-what do you-" He starts to lie, before thinking better of it, "Umbridge. Blood quill. Made me write lines."

"That bitch!" I exclaim. "Here, I know a few healing spells. Let me see."

He shows me his hand, and I suck in a breath. I must not tell lies.

I can already feel my fangs start to slip down. Gently taking hold of his hand, a bit of blood smears on my hand, and I clench my jaw.

Potter seems to notice this. "Are you squeamish? I'm sorry."

I shake my head, quickly casting the spell, and the wound starts to fix itself.

"Oh, wow! Thanks, Malfoy," Potter says.

"No problem," I mumble, trying not to open my mouth.

"Err, Malfoy? How did you know I was bleeding?" He asks, brows furrowed.

"Well I saw the blood, obviously. Do you think I'm dumb?" I answer back, and turn away towards the dungeons.

"O-okay," Potter replies, not sounding convinced, "Goodnight Malfoy."

"Yeah, bye," I say, and continue towards the common room.

Once out of view from Potter, I lick the blood off of my hand. Although it is only a small amount of blood, it tastes just as good as it smells. My eyelids flicker shut.

Snapping out of it, I continue towards the Slytherin common room in a rush. I need to talk to Pansy. Yes. She will make sense of this. She will help.

Running into the common room, I grab Pansy's arm, leading her towards a corner of the room.

"Draco! What's wrong!?" Pansy asks, worried.

"Potter," I answer, and she gives me a confused look, so I continue, "He smells delicious! I can't help it! Then I was in the library, and I ran out and knocked into him. His hand was bleeding from detention with Umbridge. I got some blood on my hand, and Merlin, it tasted heavenly. Pansy! What do I do!"

Pansy wraps me in a hug, and I hang my head in the crook of her neck, too tired to care about anything.

"Hey, it'll be alright," Pansy says comfortingly, "Say, how about we go to the Hospital Wing tomorrow and ask Madam Pomfrey what to do? Hmm? Maybe she will supply you with blood."

I nod, pulling out of her hug, "Thanks Pansy."

"No problem Draco. How about you get some sleep?"

I nod, walking towards the boy's dorms. Merlin, why me?

Words: 1151