I'm Doomed

Harry's POV

It's early November, and Umbitc-er I mean, Umbridge just put up her tenth decree.

Hermione, Ron and I stand there watching Filtch put it up. Merlin, she's taking all of the fun out of Hogwarts!

"Hey Harry?" Hermione asks as we walk towards Defense Against the Dark Arts. "Since Umbridge is awful at teaching, and you're really good at that class, why don't you, like, make your own DADA?"

I look at her weird. "What do you mean 'Mione?"

"You've faced You-Know-Who! Not to mention that DADA is your best class! Why not? No one but the members have to know! It would be, like, a club!" Hermione explains.

"I don't know if I'd be a good teacher," I say, and Hermione rolls her eyes.

"Ron, don't you think Harry would be a great teacher for DADA. As a club?"

"Yeah, definitely," Ron answers immediately, and I shake my head slightly, "Come on mate. You'd be amazing! What's stopping you!"

"Maybe..." I mumble, and Hermione rolls her eyes as Ron pats me on the back, swinging an arm loosely around my shoulders.

We walk for another few minutes before I feel a pair of eyes on me. I turn my head to see Malfoy staring at me with the weirdest expression. His usually masked, impassive expression was warped into something quite odd. His jaw was clenched, but his eyes were almost blank, as though glazed over. He suddenly snapped out of it, noticing that I had caught him staring, and scowled at me, to which I shook my head. It was over so fast that I'm not sure that it really happened. Was he really staring at me like that? Why on earth was he thinking about?

Deciding to shrug it off, my friends and I continue on our way to DADA. Once inside, we take our seats quietly. Sadly the seats are in pairs, and its my turn to get to sit with someone random. Oh well.

"Good morning students!" Umbit-bridge started in her shrill, overly happy voice.

"Good morning Professor Umbridge." The class chants back at her.

"Good! Good! Now today, class, we will be talking ab--" Suddenly she was cut off by the door swinging open.

Through the door steps Pansy Parkinson dragging a messy Draco Malfoy behind her.

"Apologies Professor, we got stopped in the hall by Professor Snape," Parkinson explains, scowling at the only left over seats, one beside me, and one beside Dean.

"No excuses! Detention tonight at 8!" Umbridge squeals. "Now! Get in your seats and stop interrupting my class!"

Malfoy and Parkinson nod to each other, and Parkinson makes her way towards me. Meh, better then Malfoy.

"As I was saying, today we will be talking about vampires," The toad-like professor continues.

"Motherf*cker," I hear Parkinson mutter under her breath, and I almost burst out laughing.

"Now, does anyone know anything about vampires?" Umbridge asks, and Hermione's hand rockets into the air. "Mr. Malfoy? Anything you might know?"

Malfoy blushes, and seems stressed about being chosen.

'That bitch!" Parkinson mumbles, but I can't figure out why. I mean, she's right, just why for calling on Malfoy? Weird.

"Professor, it seems like Granger will have a much more detailed answer then I will," Malfoy says, and Umbridge almost looks ready to laugh.

"Oh, but I called upon you. Now, answer the question."

"Vampires, are a group of magical creatures that are famous for their ability to consume blood," Malfoy explains through a clenched jaw.