Help Me

Harry's POV

I stand before the mirror in the boy's bathroom, scrubbing the dried blood off my face.

What on earth happened in the Hospital Wing? What did Madam Pomfrey mean Malfoy can only drink my blood? Can this year get any worse? I just want to live a normal life and Voldemort and Malfoy just constantly have to ruin it! Not to mention Umbridge and her detentions with the blood quill!

Then there is Malfoy himself. He looked so pale and vulnerable, trying to hide his face from the world and looking like he wanted to do nothing more than to disappear. He had odd blue things crawling up his neck. A sickness of sorts? A side-effect of starvation? Not to mention that Hermione wasn't lying about the glass cage! Even though it's Malfoy, that's just cruel! You can't just put a 15 year old boy in a cage! Ugh!

Why can't things just be easy? Part of me wants to help him, while the other wants to turn a blind eye. The Gryffindor in me is screaming to help the poor boy, but it's Malfoy! He doesn't deserve my help after what he's done! He's had everything he's ever wanted! A rich, loving family! I haven't had any of that and I didn't turn out a spoiled, obnoxious git!

Wait, why haven't the Malfoy's parents kicked up a fuss about the whole ordeal? They tried to kill Buckbeak in third year just for attacking Malfoy, why aren't they doing anything that there only son is literally in a cage! Did something happen? I've got to consult Hermione.

Washing the last remains of my nose bleed off my face, I leave the bathroom. I'm almost to the Gryffindor common room before suddenly someone pulls me into a dark alcove.

"Potter," Pansy Parkinson growls, pinning me against the stone wall.

"Parkinson?" I ask, and Parkinson smacks me across the face. "What was that for!"

"You are going to help Draco, or so help me you will not live to see the light of day," Parkinson threatens, holding a finger at my face.

"I-- you can't tell me what to do!" I reply angrily. Why does everything surround Malfoy now?

"My friend is dying, Potter, so I am not going to deal with your bullsh*t!" Parkinson snaps. "You will help him!"

"Why are you asking me? Why don't you just owl Malfoy's father and get him to deal with this!" I growl, and the Slytherin's eyes are burning with hate.

"Draco's been disowned you idiot!" She snaps, and I gasp.

"What! You've got to be lying." I question, and Parkinson shakes her head.

"He has! Draco lived almost the whole summer on the streets because Vol-- er-- umm..." Parkinson stops abruptly. Malfoy living on the streets? And did she almost say Voldemort? What does he have to do with this?

"Voldemort? What does he have to do with this?" I ask, and the Slytherin girl pushes me out of the way.

"Forget it! You will help Draco!" Parkinson orders, before turning on her heals and heading the opposite direction that I was headed.

I walk into the Gryffindor common room with my head spinning with new information. I immediately go over to Hermione, who's sitting alone on a couch near the fireplace, her head buried in a book.

"Hermione? Can I talk to you?" I ask, sitting down next to her.

"Yeah," Hermione says, looking up from her book to meet my eyes, "What is it?"

"Well, Ron and I were playing quiddich and I wasn't paying attention and got knocked in the face. Ron brought me to the Hospital Wing, and we saw Malfoy in a glass cage like you said," I explain, "Then Madame Pomfrey said something about him only being able to drink me blood? Then I just got cornered by Pansy Parkinson, who threatened me to help Malfoy. Then she said that he was disowned and living on the streets? As well as something about Voldemort? Then she ran away."

Hermione sighs sadly. "Yeah.."

"What do you mean 'Yeah'?" I ask. "You knew that as well?"

"You know that I've been talking with Draco for a while now, trying to help him. I knew about his situation," She explains.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I snap.

Hermione raises her hands in mock surrender at my tone. "It wasn't my story to tell."

"But it's Malfoy!" I argue. "Since when do we care about his privacy!"

"Oh come on Harry!" Hermione says, exasperated. "Draco is human just like the rest of us."

"Err... no he's not," I point out, and she face palms.

"You know what I mean!" Hermione sighs. "Come one, tell me one good thing about Draco."

I pause for a moment, trying to figure something out. "Ummm... his hair is nice? I mean, it's signature Malfoy hair, but it always looks so soft. And he has pretty eyes that sparkle when he smirks. Yeah, he's kinda pretty."

Hermione squints at me, a smile slowly spreading on her lips. Wait a damn minute. What did I just say?

"Wait! No! That's not what I meant!" I try to explain, but Hermione starts giggling. "Dang it Hermione! Stop that!"

"Whatever you say Harry," She replies with a smirk.

"It's just that all the girls fawn over him! Like Parkinson! Yeah, that's what I meant!" I continue. "Honestly 'Mione, I don't have a crush on him or something!"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"I'm not winning this one, am I?"

"Nope!"

"And you're never going to let me forget this?"

"Never!"

I sigh audibly. That wasn't what I meant. Was it? Surely not! I mean, it's snarky, obnoxious Malfoy! Certainly not! No way!

Draco's POV

My head is pounding so loud I can't hear anything.

My mind is shutting down, unable to think properly.

What is happening to me? I'm always in control! I'm a Malfoy! I must always be in control! No matter what!

I faintly hear Madam Pomfrey trying to talk to me, but I can't hear her. The pain in head is too loud.

"Mr. Malfoy! Are you alright?"

I can't answer, my mouth won't move. My body it's cooperating.

The world starts spinning. I feel dizzy, and the world starts closing in.

My vision goes black, and I fall into darkness.

Help me.

Words: 1033