Be Alright

Draco's POV

The next day came, as always, Potter arrived to have his blood taken.

This time, however, he seemed to be looking at me more. Usually he'd never look at me, trying to forget that I existed, and that he was giving me his blood. Now, however, he's staring at me. His eyes don't seem focused, as though he's staring off into space, deep in thought. Madam Pomfrey needs to remind him that he can leave, for he's so lost in his own head.

When Madam Pomfrey gives me the blood, as promised, there are two pieces of parchment, and a small bag. The healer gives me a small smile, before walking away.

Draco,

Here you will find the instructions on how to become an animagus, as well as some of the needed materials.

It seems as though with will take quite a long time, so I hope that you'll be alright.

- Hermione

I stare at the note, silently thanking whoever is listening that Hermione and her friends care enough, and Pansy. Picking the other note, I scan the instructions.

How To Become An Animagus:

1. Must be skilled in Transfiguration and Potions.

2. Carry a single Mandrake leaf in one's mouth for a month (from full moon to full moon). If you take the leaf out, the month restarts. Then find a small crystal phial that receives the pure rays of the moon, and put your saliva-filled leaf inside, as well as adding one of your own hairs.

3. Add a silver teaspoon of dew from a place that neither sunlight nor human feet have touched for a full seven days. Then add the chrysalis of a Death's-head Hawk Moth to the crystal phial. Then put this mixture in a quiet, dark place, and leave it alone until the next electrical storm. Don't look at it, don't even think about looking at it.

4. While waiting for the storm, you must place your wand tip over your heart every, sunrise and sunset, and speak the following incantation: 'Amato Animo Animato Animagus'. If you keep repeating your incantation, there will come a time when, with the touch of the wand-tip to the chest, a second heartbeat may be sensed. When this happens, don't change anything! Don't stop, keep waiting for the storm.

5. As soon as lightning appears in the sky, go to the place where you've hidden your crystal phial. If you've done everything correctly then you will discover a mouthful of blood-red potion inside it. Then move somewhere where you aren't going to alarm anyone, or place yourself in physical danger during your transformation.

6. Place your wand-tip against your heart and speak the incantation 'Amato Animo Animato Animagus' and drink the potion. You will then feel fiery pain, as well as an intense double heartbeat.

7. The shape of the creature into which you will shortly transform will appear in your mind. You must show no fear, it is too late now to escape the change you have willed.

8. When your transformation is complete you are strongly advised to pick up your wand and hide it somewhere safe, so you can find it post-transformation. To return to human form, visualize your human self as clearly as you can. Don't worry if you don't change back immediately, with practice, you will be able to slip in and out of your animal form at will, simply by visualizing the creature. Once you're an advanced Animagus, you should be able to transform without your wand.

The Things To Be Wary Of:
- When the process of becoming an Animagus goes wrong, it often goes seriously wrong. (Horrible half-human, half-animal mutations here, with no known cure)