˚✧˳ Chapter 8 - The Eye ˳✧˚

✧ RUN BOY RUN ✧

RUN BOY RUN

˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚✧ ☂️ ✧˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚

(Y/N) Hargreeves

I SUGGESTED FIVE THAT we should just tell our siblings about the end of the world, but he refused to tell them because he wouldn't even believe him in the first place like what Vanya did. And he thought that they'd be a burden.

Apparently, Five couldn't endure his somnolent self and too fell asleep which added additionally hours to my rest. "What are you talking about? I don't snore." Five denies raising a brow.

"That wasn't what I saw last night at Vanya's place."

"I only snore when I'm extremely tired." He explains putting his hands in his pockets back to his rigid pose. "I mean, you're always tired." I added.

"Yeah, tired of your bullshit." He retorted mercilessly.

Five and I arrived at the MeriTech. Somewhere on the highest floor, he stood expecting for someone to entertain us while I sat on the vacant seat they have because I'm tired of carrying this ass all the time.

Five clutches on the eyeball, looking around the prosthetic lab as he waits, getting impatient.

"Uh, can I help you?" One doctor came out of the workroom to find us sticking around. I moved out of my seat to be next to Five. "I need to know who this belongs to." He shows the eye.

"Where did you get that?" The professional looked cautious, so we had to make up a believable lie.

"Why do you care?" Five comebacks as I shot him a deadly look because it might reduce the chances of us finding the owner and would only raise dubitation.

"W-We found it in the playground, kids were playing with it." I pretended to be worried. "Uh, must have just..." Five clicks his tongue as the sound effect of something popping. "... popped out."

"And I want to give it back to the rightful owner." Five explains while both of us smiled innocently at the man in hopes we might fool him with our intentions. "Oh... What a thoughtful young man." The woman from the reception desk commented and awed at the sight of us.

"Yeah. Look up the name for me, will ya?" Five says rudely, slightly pissed off, I knew how much he hated being called 'young man'. I nudged his shoulder and reminded him he should keep his cool before they kick us out. "Uh, I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell you--"

"Yeah, I know what it means, idiot."

The man was taken aback by Five's impolite remarks. He explains that the only thing he can do was to take the eye off our hands and then return it to the owner which was clearly not what we planned.