Trust

Harry's POV

A week later, and we still haven't got a good plan on how to retrieve Draco's wand.

Maybe it's the sudden loss of the DA, or perhaps extra homework that keeps us from coming up with something. Even when we let Ron in on the plan, it still didn't help our progress. Not to mention that Umbridge already seems to think we're up to something.

We don't even know where she's keeping the wand! That means that we don't know how long we'll take getting in and out, which means that we don't have a time frame that we have to work with. Merlin, we don't even know if the wand is in her office at all! For all we know she carries it around in her back pocket!

Groaning, I continue my walk to the library, where I'm meeting Ron and Hermione to study. Suddenly, Pansy Parkinson drags me into an empty corridor.

"I heard you've changed your mind," Parkinson says, a hard edge to her voice as though she still doesn't trust me.

"Umm... yeah. I have," I confirm, and she just glares at me.

"Well? Have you figured out what to do yet? About Draco's wand?" She asks impatiently. I guess Hermione told her about the animagus plan.

"Err... well... not really. There are a lot of unknowns," I state.

"Oh for Merlin's sake! You Gryffindors are useless!" Parkinson huffs. "We are going to go talk with Hermione. Now."

With that she's off. The Slytherin storms down the halls, other students clearing a path, not wanting to get in the way of a Pansy Parkinson on a mission.

We burst into the library, and I lead us to where Hermione and Ron sit, surrounded by books and homework.

Ron is the first to look up. He sends me a smile, before eyeing Parkinson suspiciously.

"What are you doing here Parkinson?" Ron demands, and Hermione's head snaps up.

"Oh! Hi Pansy! I didn't hear you. How's your day been?" Hermione asks politely, and Parkinson rolls her eyes.

"Fine. However, I've heard that you still don't have a plan to get Draco's wand back!" Parkinson says, and Hermione bites her lip.

"There are too many unknowns to make a safe plan," Hermione mumbles, looking back down onto the small stack of yellowing papers in her lap.

"That's exactly what Potter said! Honestly! How have you three done so much? I know that most of the credit goes to Hermione, but come on!" Pansy rants.

"I have given him the Mandrake leaf, so at least the process has been started," Hermione points out.

"Have you started the potion yet?" Pansy asks, and Hermione bites her lip.

"Not yet," she answers truthfully, "I haven't found the dew yet."

"Have you tried the forbidden forest?" Pansy asks. "No one ever goes in there. Certainly there would be dew from a place where no sunlight or human foot has touched in there."

"Not a bad idea," I jump in, "But how are we meant to go into the forbidden forest without permission? Won't we get caught?"

"Simple, just get detention with Hagrid," Pansy says nonchalantly.

"How are we meant to do that? If we get detention with Umbridge she'll just take us to her office and give us detention there!" Ron points out.

"Wait!" Hermione exclaims. "She'll take us to her office!"

Hermione and Pansy exchange excited looks. "You'll be in her office!"

"So we can look for the wand!"