Hurry Up

Harry's POV

The next day in Defense Against the Dark Arts, Ron, Hermione, and I are ready.

We sit as close together as possible, and wait for Umbridge to walk in with her signature, sickly-sweet smile.

When she arrives in her blindingly pink attire, she imminently starts talking.

"Good morning class!"

"Good morning Professor Umbridge," The rest of the class mumbles back, but the three of us stay silent.

"Wonderful! Now, today we will be reading about mountain trolls. Does anyone know what mountain trolls are?" She asks, but Ron, Hermione and I begin to whisper to each other.

A few people raise their hands, but Umbridge's eyes zero in on me. "Mr. Potter? Care to answer the question?"

I pull me face into a smile. "I'm sorry professor? What were you saying? I was just asking Ron and Hermione if you charm your clothes to always be the most obnoxious pink possible."

Umbridge's face goes red with anger, "20 points from Gryffindor! That will be detention for you three! Meet me in my office tomorrow at 6 o'clock sharp!"

I grin to my friends, who are also trying to hide smiles. Well, that was easy.

The class continues as normal. Extremely boring and not at all worth anyone's time. Hermione made notes though, so at least we won't fail the course due to accidentally falling asleep in her class.

When Umbridge finally dismisses us, my friends and I rush out of the classroom.

"Mission successful," I say with a grin, the first time I'm actually happy about getting detention.

"That was so easy!" Ron replies and high fives me.

"We still need to get detention with Hagrid in the forest," Hermione points out, but can't help smiling as well.

"Yeah, well, it's a good thing that we have Transfiguration next," I say, and the others nod.

"Speaking of which, we should probably get going," Hermione says.

We walk through the crowded corridors, when suddenly, Ron speaks.

"Why do we have to get detention? Why can't we just ask McGonagall or Hagrid to take us there?" He asks.

"Because," Hermione explains, "They can't know what we're up to. If they do, they'll either try to stop us, or they might get in trouble with the Ministry if they think that one of them helped us."

"Oh," Ron says, "I guess that makes sense."

Arriving at the Transfiguration classroom, we take our usual seats at the front of the room. Hermione always wants to get the best view of the demonstrations.

"Good morning class," Professor McGonagall says, "Today we will be continuing on from what we were working on last class. On your desks you will find the wine glasses. I expect them to be transfigured into birds by the end of class."

We start working on our glasses. Hermione, of course, is the first to get it, followed closely by one of the Ravenclaw boys.

Ron and I begin to pretend fight over our glasses. Hermione gets involved, trying to look like she was trying to stop us. Then, Hermione smashes Ron and my glasses on the floor.

The large crash attracts the whole class's attention, including McGonagall. She rushes over to us, takes one look at the mess, and sighs.

"You are lucky I have extras you three. Ms. Granger? I expected better from you. You three will have detention tonight. Meet me in my office after dinner," Professor McGonagall says, slightly exasperated, before cleaning up the mess with a wave of her wand.

Ron and I are given replacement glasses, and by the end of class, both are transfigured into birds. We left the class with grins on our faces.

"Hermione? How about you go ask Professor McGonagall what we are doing for detention? Try and convince her to get us to go into the forbidden forest," I say, and she nods.

"Meet me in the common room. This shouldn't take too long," Hermione says, before turning on her heels and walking back into the Transfiguration classroom.

As instructed, Ron and I walk back to the Gryffindor Common room. I pull out some Charms homework while Ron fiddles with his wand. Before long, Hermione rushes through the painting.

"Missions accomplished!" Hermione exclaims, smiling at us.

"Perfect!" I say.

"You truly are something, 'Mione," Ron grins.

"Come on guys, let's go to lunch. We've got classes this afternoon!" Hermione says.

We leave the common room arm in arm. With a plan in motion, it feels like a weight was been lifted off my shoulders. I feel almost free. Almost.

Draco's POV

I'm working on my seemingly endless pile of DADA homework while the mid-afternoon sunlight streams through the windows, when she comes in.

I can almost feel her enter the room, as if she were a dementor, sucking any happiness out of the air. I hear the clicking of her heels as she approaches my cage. Merlin, what does she want?

"Why, hello Mr. Malfoy," Comes her shrill, overly happy voice.

I stop moving. I don't finish writing my sentence. I don't move to look at her. My head hangs, and I stare intently at the floor.

"Look at me!" She commands, and I am forced to meet her icy gaze.

Umbridge's face towers above me with a sickening smile. To all the world she would seem like an overly happy person, but anyone who's faced her wrath before would know that she's beyond angry.

"Did you put them up to it?" Umbridge demands.

I cock my head to the side in confusion, but I don't dare speak.

"Don't try and act innocent with me! I know you put them up to it!" She says angrily. "You foul creature! Trying to poison other students' minds with your filthy attitude! Trying to disrupt my class!"

Then it clicks. She's talking about the Golden trio purposefully trying to anger Umbridge into giving them detention. Of course she thinks I had something to do with it. I mean, I do, but that's not the point!

"You are on thin ice. One slip and I'll land you a trip to Askaban!" Umbridge threatens.

My eyes widen slightly. What! Certainly I can't get thrown into Askaban for something so little!

"However, as I can't do that at this moment," Umbridge continues, "I guess you'll just have to be punished here."

I swallow thickly as Umbridge opens a small section of the cage, just enough for a wand to fit through. Oh sh*t.

"Crucio!"

In the blink of an eye pain overtakes me. I fall from my sitting position until I'm rolling around on the ground in pain. Merlin, you never do get used to this curse.

She lifts the curse, before quickly casting it again, this time making me scream. Not wanting to attract unwanted attention, Umbridge casts a silencing charm, before continuing with her punishment.

I don't know how long it's been before I feel the curse being lifted. I lay on the cold, hard ground for a few seconds, trying to catch my breath and stop the tears from pouring down my face.

You'll be okay. I tell myself. Your going to be okay. Your fine. Everything is fine.

Please hurry up, Potter.

Words: 1201