Mission #2

Harry's POV

The next morning Hermione, Ron, and I meet down in the Gryffindor common room.

We sit together in front of the fire on the large, cozy, red sofa until everyone leaves to go to breakfast.

"Guys," Hermione starts, "We need a chrysalis of a Death's-head Hawk Moth to add to the dew. Do you think the storage for potions would have it?"

I shrug. "Worth a shot."

"Alright," She confirms, "We'll break into the potions storage after lunch, and then after dinner we'll have detention with Umbridge."

"Yay," Ron says sarcastically.

"Anyway, you two have Divination," Hermione points out, "We've better have breakfast before classes start or Ron might explode."

"Oi!" Ron protests, causing us to laugh.

"Come on, let's go."

Just like the day before, classes drown on for what seems like days. Hermione definitely made a good choice to not take Divination this year, it doesn't make any sense.

Finally, lunch arrives. We meet in the dungeons, careful to not draw attention to ourselves. Gryffindors, especially us, never go in the dungeons, so it would cause questions.

"Alright, so how are we going to do this?" Ron asks.

"We could use my invisibility cloak, but I left that in Gryffindor Tower," I say.

"No it's not," Hermione says, pulling my cloak out of her robes, "I got it while you two were in class."

"Brilliant Hermione!" I complement. "Now, who's going to go in?"

Hermione steps forwards slightly. "Harry and I will go."

"Why you two?" Ron asks, disappointed.

"Because," Hermione explains, "If we leave Harry out here, someone will recognize him. Now, I would say that I should stay outside to watch for Snape, but neither of you two know what we're looking for."

"What am I meant to say if someone asks why I'm here?"

"Just say that Fred and George told you to meet them here. People will think that you've just fallen for one of their tricks," Hemione says.

"Fine," Ron grumbles, "But I'm not happy about it."

"Great. Now, Harry, we should get moving," Hermione says, throwing the invisibility cloak over both of us.

"Good luck," Ron mumbles.

As quietly as we can, Hermione and I open the door to the Potions storage room. We sneak inside, shutting the door behind us.

"Lumos,"

Before us stands shelves upon shelves of potions ingredients, illuminated softly by the light of my wand. Merlin, how are we going to find anything in here?

Hermione immediately drags us over to the first shelf on our left, and begins to look through their labels. After a few moments, she pulls away.

"It's in alphabetical!" She says.

"Oh thank Merlin," I sigh in relief, "That would have taken forever to search through all of these shelves."

Hermione hums in agreements. "We're looking for the chrysalis of a Death's-head Hawk Moth, which I think would be in D."

I nod, and we begin to scan the shelves for the D section. We soon come across it, and start our search. Not really knowing what it looks like, I find myself having to read every single label.