14)

Y/N's P.O.V.

We decided to stay on Sorgan for a few weeks after the battle, to recover and help rebuild what was lost. The child had really seemed to have bonded with the children on the farm and it was nice to see him so free.

"Thank you." I smiled at Omera as she handed me a drink and Cara some soup.

"Can I set you something in the house?" She offered Mando as he leaned against the wall.

"Uh, thank you. Maybe later." He politely declined, keeping his eye on the child.

"He's very happy here." Omera laughed lightly.

"He is." Mando agreed.

"He fits right in." Omera walked away and I stood up.

"I'm going for a walk. I'll be back in a while." I sighed, nodding my head at the pair, before leaving.
Mando wanted to stay here, I could tell, which meant I had to find my own way off this planet.
I couldn't stay here.
I couldn't settle down and leave my life behind. Maybe Mando and Cara could, but I couldn't. It just wasn't me.
I walked around the edge of the forest, out of sight from the farm, but not far enough that I couldn't see it, for what felt like hours.

"Hey, stranger. I've been looking for you." Cara spoke with a soft smile as she appeared from the edge of the forest.
"You know what, I never got to ask. How long have you two been together?"

"Excuse me?"

"You and Mando. How long?" She smirked and my eyes widened.

"We're not- no. That's not a thing." I held my hands up.
"Why would you even think that?" I laughed awkwardly.

"Why wouldn't I think that?" She continued to smirk.
"You, him and the child, you're like one little murderous family." I scoffed at her answer, rolling my eyes.
"I'm serious. You guys really seem to relax around each other and it's clear you trust each other a lot, last time I checked, bounty hunters don't trust anyone."

"Mando and I are just friends, we've known each other for a long time. I don't even know his real name." I stated as we walked.
"And it doesn't matter. He clearly likes Omera."

"The hot farmer widow? No." Cara shook her head.
"He's into you, I'm certain."

"You're mistaken." I corrected.
"Mando and I... that's never going to happen."

"Okay, fine." She held her hands up defensively.
"Next topic. Why'd you hate this planet so much?"

"What?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"What's your problem with this planet?" She asked bluntly.
"I mean, you're clearly not a fan and you can't seem to stay in one area for more than a few hours- I've seen you walking around at night when you think everyone is asleep."

"I grew up on a forest planet. It was much smaller than this one, just just as beautiful." I smiled sadly.
"It just reminds me of home and I really wished it didn't."

"What happened?" She asked carefully.

"My parents owned a small restaurant, it was amazing and people would travel from far just to try the food. They were good people, innocent people, and yet, someone put a bounty on their heads." I kicked the drift slightly as I walked.
"My mother was pregnant when the bounty hunter killed her and my father died begging for his life. It's what made me become a bounty hunter. I worked my way into the guild and then I killed the hunter that killed my parents."

"I'm so sorry, Y/N." Cara put her hand on my shoulder, just as the sound of a twig snapping caught our attention.
There was a slight ruffling as if someone was removing their jacket and Cara and I approached slowly. There was a hauntingly familiar beeping sound and my breath got caught in my throat. The ex shocktrooper gestured for me to stay hidden and I nodded, doing as she said. I glanced at the bounty hunter, seeing they had a sniper pointed towards the farm and I wasn't going to take any chances. I pulled out my blaster and looked towards Cara, who simply nodded, before I took the shot, the sound echoing loudly throughout the forest.
I put my blaster away as the hunter dropped dead, Cara moving next to me with a frown.
Mando ran towards us, before stopping and looking down at the dead hunter. He used his foot to roll him over, before picking up the tracker.

"What is he tracking?" Cara asked carefully.

"The kid." Mando and I replied in unison.

"They know he's here." Cara sighed.

"Yes." Mando nodded and I shook my head, looking down at the ground.

"Then they'll keep coming." Cara added.

"Yes." Mando repeated, before crushing the fob tracker under his boot.

~

"Are you sure you don't want an escort?" Cara smiled as we packed up our things.

"I appreciate the offer, but we're going to bypass the town and head straight to the Razor Crest." Mando sighed.

"Well then, until our paths cross." Cara spoke, holding out her hand. I took it, giving her a small smile.

"Until our paths cross." I nodded and she repeated the action with Mando.
Cara walked away and Winta ran up to the child, hugging him.

"I'm going to miss you, so much." She whispered and I frowned.

"Thank you. Both of you." Omera smiled at both Mando and I, before we got onto the old speeder, heading towards the ship.