And I'm Not Blonde

authors note: the amount of second-hand embarrassment i have for els in this chapter is astronomical. poppy flowers and a peck on the lips to anyone who takes the time to read my writing.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

January 5, 1993 - a continuation

"Els, where are we going?" Maura was being dragged along the hallways by a very flustered Elodie.

"Away from there." Elodie huffed, pulling her into a broom closet.

"Is this the part where we kiss?" Maura grinned at her friend, who was awkwardly pressing her against the dusty wall, looking furiously back at the Hospital Wing.

Elodie offered Maura a small peck on the lips.

"Woah-what was that for?" Her friend was blushing a shade of red almost comparable to her hair.

"Felt like it." Elodie shrugged. "Fucking hate Ollie. And Fred. Men."

"Fair enough." Maura shrugged, swallowing hard. "Hey... what is going on with you? You've been acting different ever since you came back from holiday."

Elodie shrunk to the floor. "I told you. Me and Fred got in a fight, and I- I just feel like everything is so bloody messed up."

Maura came to sit down across from her. "You know... you could just forgive him."

Elodie frowned. "I'll forgive him when he apologizes."

"You are the most stubborn prig I've ever met."

"You love me, really."

"Yeah, I do. But that doesn't mean I don't think you're being completely ridiculous."

Elodie sighed. "But that's not even half of everything."

"Care to explain?"

"I overheard Mcgonagall and Dumbledore talking. They might have to shut down school, and I wouldn't have anywhere to go-Fred won't want me coming home with him, and-"

"They might have to shut down school?" Maura exclaimed. "Why?!"

"There was another attack Maurs-Oh, it was so terrible, and he was just lying there, and Nearly Headless Nick-"

"Like the attack on Ms. Norris?"

Elodie nodded feebly. "Me and Harry found them, I reckon he's still up with the headmaster."

"Oh, Els, I'm so sorry."

Elodie laughed. "I don't think it's me you should be sorry for."

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

But Harry was already in the common room when they returned, sitting in a corner with Ron and Hermione.

Alicia and Katie, the two other chasers on the team rushed over to Elodie when she climbed through the portrait hole, eyes wide.

"Is it true what they're saying about Justin-"

"Oliver shouldn't have said that, It was so mean-"

"Fred attacked him, it took three of us to pull him off Ollie-"

"Did Dumbledore say anything to you about-"

"Woah, girls, give her a little space to breathe." Maura chuckled, and the four girls went to sit around the fireplace, legs crossed in a little circle. Elodie answered some of their questions, the best she could, and Alicia and Katie recounted the fight between Fred and Oliver.