25

Evelina and Alex was furious. This lowly maid dare embarrass them!

The duchess was extremely shocked and angry.

"Lex! Tell me the truth! Are you slandering your sister!?" The duchess was a smart woman. To her the events made sense. When her son came back, he clearly showed dislike and disdain towards her younger daughter. So to the duchess, Alex framing Angelina had a motive.

"Mother, i-...." Evelina tried to say something but she couldn't think of anything

"Oh my...it seems young master really did frame the youngest miss" the maids began to whisper and gossip with each other

"How could he be so cruel!?"

"Lady Angelina is so quiet and delicate! Why does he dislike her so much!?"

"Shh! What if they hear us!"

Alex was shaking in frustration.

"Sister, do you believe me now? I told you I didn't push elder brother..." Angelina said to Evelina

"....." Evelina was speechless. She didn't know what to say. She just stood there while greeting her teeth.

The duchess was already having a headache. She just wanted to end this troubling situation.

"Enough! Everyone get back to work! Lex, Eve, Lina we're going to have much now!"

Alex wanted to say more but he was too angry and embarrassed to save this humiliating situation

The atmosphere while they were eating was very gloomy. Everyone stayed quiet. The duchess's kid was a mess. She had many things to deal with and now there was even more problems.

Evelina was frustrated so she just kept her head down and stuart silent.

Alex was still angry. He ate faster than usual and immediately excused himself.

However, unlike the others Angelina ate happily. She successfully humiliated the hateful siblings! She felt extreme joy in her heart!

To her when Evelina's face was filled with sadness and frustration, her world became brighter.

After lunch Angelina went back to her room and so did her sister. Evelina locked herself in her room and vented her anger on the poor objects. Alex drowned himself in work to distract himself from the humiliation.

And the duchess? She had more important things to worry about.

When Angelina entered her room, she found a grumpy Marie pouting and waiting for her.

"Marie? What's wrong?"

"Hmph! How dare they slander my miss!"

"Oh..hahah!" Angelina broke into laughter again. Marie was such a cute little thing

"Miss! This isn't funny! They tried to frame you miss!"

"Oh marie...well the important thing is that they failed, okay?"

"It's not okay! Whoever tries to harm my miss will have to go through me first!" Marie said while doing some punching motion

"Pfft..." Angelina tried to hold back her laughter

Today she managed to humiliate both her old enemies. Today was such a good day!

Angelina went out to the garden with Marie after getting bored. And Evelina was no where in sight.

Angelina couldn't help but let out a big smug smile on her face.

The next day, Angelina received a letter from Robert.

The letter told Angelina that robert agreed to Angelina's offer to buy his shop.

Angelina wrote back saying she'll need two weeks until she could purchase the shop.

He agreed.

Angelina has been in a good mood since the previous day. Everything has been going her way. But just when she thought she might have some days filled with peace, something had to ruin it.

"Greetings Lady Angelina and lady Evelina" Chase came to visit, but this time he came alone.

"Oh... it's nice to see you again, sir chase..." Angelina clenched her fist tightly

"Brother Chase! I...I wanted to give you this.." Evelina gave Chase a handkerchief she embroidered. However it was quite messy.

"I-im sorry....I'm not quite good yet... I've only learned it recently!"

'oh..you can't wait can you, Evelina...' everyone knew giving a man a handkerchief indicates that you are interested in him.

".....I...thank you lady Evelina" chase thanked her politely

"Hehe...your welcome.." Evelina blushed

Just then, Alex appeared.

"Young master Casspan"

"Sir Skyler"

They chatted for a while. Alex and Evelina were both very warm to Chase, while Angelina was left in the dark.

But she didn't really mind. If she could, she would walk away now. Angelina didn't want to spend another second with these three people, three of her worst enemies.

"Oh right, I forgot to inform you all that I have brought gifts this time" Chase ordered one of his subordinates to take the gifts from the carridge.

"Oh? Gifts?" Evelina's eyes were filled with anticipation

Alex looked quite pleased. Evelina was his previous younger sister, so of course her future fiance must bring gifts to show his sincerity to his sister.

Angelina merely raised her eyebrows. Although she was only an adopted child of marquess Bailey, she was no stranger to luxuries. After all, she was once the empire's most eligible bachelorette and also the emperor's apprentice.

Chase gave Evelina a diamond necked, gold earrings, a jade bracelet, several perfumes and other makeup products.

Angelina received a pink diamond necklace, ruby earings, a yellow diamond brooch, and also some perfumes and makeup products.

Evelina was happy, even though she receives many gifts like this from the duke, she was happy because these gifts come from her soon to be fiance.

Angelina however didn't change her blank expression. She however remained polite and thanked Chase.

Angelina didn't care much of the makeup products, since in her past life she was born naturally beautiful, she has grown to not wear or use makeup. Makeup did nothing but ruin her beautiful face. And now as Angelina Skyler who was also born naturally beautiful, Angelina still refused to use makeup. It's not like she needed it anyway.

Evelina thanked Chase several times while showing her cute side. Unfortunately, Alex was unsatisfied.

To him Angelina's gifts were more luxurious than of his previous sister's. He was annoyed but chose to stay silent.

"I'm glad you liked the gifts" Chase flashed his gentleman smile. Evelina's face was practically a tomato

'i thought Chase has to try to pursue Evelina...well I guess she's already fallen in love at first sight...' Angelina rolled her eyes

Chase noticed Angelina's indifference to the gifts.

"Is something not to your liking, lady Angelina?"

"Hmm? Oh..no no! I love it very much. Thank you sir Chase"

"Ah... alright"

Angelina still had to act nice to him because she had a plan.

Her plan was to toy with Chase's heart! And just like what he did to her in the past, after he falls in love with her, she'll simply abandon him!