Part 8

Clarissa felt more at ease once the Headmaster has left. She immediately turned to her parents and demanded to know what they told Dumbledore. In short, Dumbledore knows that she's a true Seer, the whole visions, white eyes and headaches, the whole nine yards. They mentioned to him about Clarissa "seeing" Voldemort ask about horcruxes and create some but was unable to give any information about the objects he used, seeing as Clarissa hadn't told them either.

It calmed Clarissa down a bit to know that she's still very much in control of how this is going to play out. She figured she needed to write down the timeline as she knew it and finish most of her research regarding horcruxes and fiendfyre before school starts in a couple of days. It will seem suspicious for her to be researching dark magic on school grounds, but she might get away with it if Dumbledore knows now, although she rather not be under watch by the Headmaster.

The adults decided that the way they'll train her (and James and Sirius) on occlumency is by trying to find out what the horcruxes were. It gives Clarissa the incentive to keep the information well guarded in her mind. They were to start tomorrow because of how much today affected everyone, emotionally at least. The Nox's were ready to retire to their own Manor, despite it only being half past 8 in the evening. Clarissa seemed to forget that her family came straight from France without so much taking time to rest.

As her family was saying goodbye to the Potter's, her mother asked her if she wished to stay here for the remainder of the summer (which was only 3 days left). Clarissa was surprised that they didn't force her to go home after what's happened. It really showed the trust they have with the Potters. Despite being allowed to stay, Clarissa decided on going home. She wanted to stay with her family for as long as she can before going to Hogwarts. She told her family to go on ahead and that she'll be right behind them.

Turning to James, she tilted her head and extended her hand, "Help me pack?"

James smiled softly and nodded his head. Clarissa told her family that she'll be right along after she grabs her things, then made her way upstairs with James.

Once they made it to her room, she realized that she didn't have much to bring back. Just her clothes, the things she bought from Diagon Alley, and the research she's done. All the other things just stayed there, at this point it's not even a guest room; it's her room now.

"Do you need me to stay with you tonight?" James asked her as he put her clothes in a small suite case that has her initials on it.

Clarissa looked up from gathering the parchment on her desk, pondering over his offer. She can't allow herself to be dependent on him forever on something as simple as sleeping in a different bed even though she would love to wake up in his arms again.

"No, it's alright. I need to be able to get used to it eventually," Clarissa gave him a smile, "but thank you for offering."

James waved off her thanks as he shut her trunk and carried it while guiding Clarissa back down to the fireplace. He stood near the mantle holding the pot of floo powder. The rest of the Potters were still in the living room area, waiting for Clarissa to go home.

"Do you wanna go first?" He asked, tilting the pot towards her.

Clarissa hesitated, still a bit nervous to travel by floo. It wasn't like in the films where the person steps in the empty fireplace and drops the powder to activate it. Here–like in the books–they throw down the powder to activate the flames then they step in.

"Um, why don't you go through first. Then I'll copy your actions," She gave James a weak smile.

"Of course, love. No need to be scared, I'll be on the other side waiting for you."