Ch46 - An Invitation

Hey there! How's it going? This chapter is forced so it might not be good. Well, thanks for reading!

******************************
Hawk's Inn

"Argh..."

Hiiragi groaned silently in pain. His head felt very heavy and painful. He felt like his head was being pressed all over. However, despite the pain, he tried to get up even though it took a lot of his energy to do so.

Opening his eyes, he observed the surrounding. Sunlight illuminated the room and it was a sign that it was already late afternoon as it was too bright for it to be morning. There was a basin of water on the floor and a piece of wet cloth inside it.

Hiiragi didn't know how he got into his room. He kept trying to remember what happened last night yet nothing came into his mind. It was as if the memories of last night were sealed inside him. Therefore, he gave up on remembering since it would just waste his time if he couldn't remember.

Turning his eyes to his left, he saw Sylvie sleeping soundly like a baby beside him. Although he already knew that she would be sleeping on the same bed, he would still feel embarrassed to share a bed with her. After all, he was still a young male teenager in adolescent.

As he did not want to disturb Sylvie from her beautiful sleep, he quietly and carefully moved out from the bed and prepare to clean himself. He noticed that he smelled a bit. Hiiragi did not like the smell, therefore he used water magic to clean himself.

Since Sylvie was still asleep, he did not bother to chant, which was supposed to be impossible by normal means. If anyone saw what he did, they would probably have thousands of questions to ask him.

After he soaked himself in water magic, he dried his clothes and body by absorbing the water until they were only a little wet since he did not want to damage the attire.

Then, despite not having the wind attribute, he managed to cast a simple wind magic to dry himself. This was his secret which only Miyuu knew. Not even Yukari and Haruto know about this.

After he finished cleaning himself, he left the room and went down to get some foods.

Along the way, he met Roana who was sweeping the inn with a smile on her face. She was sweeping calmly, then saw Hiiragi who walked near her. Seeing Hiiragi's face, she turned red on her face and ran back into the kitchen, clearly embarrassed of something. She probably was thinking about last night's words from Hiiragi.

Hiiragi noticed her strange behavior, but he couldn't think of anything that made her act like that. As he couldn't think of a solution, he gave up and turned to the kitchen to ask for some foods which cause Roana to face him again.

Roana could not run away as she was the only one who was free at the moment since her parents were busy cooking.

"Hey Roana, can I get some foods?"

"Y-yesh! Ah!"

Getting too nervous and conscious of last night incident, her tongue failed to say the words clearly. When she noticed her mistake, she felt very embarrassed and wanted to hide in a hole.

Hiiragi noticed her strange behavior and asked out of worry. Furthermore, he thought that she might have some ideas what happened last night.

"Roana, are you all right? Did something happen last night?"

"E-eh!? N-nothing happened. Why?"

Roana replied while stuttering.

"Nothing, it's just that you seem to be too nervous around me. Or is it just my imagination?"