Ride a White Swan

authors note: wrote this drunk on thanksgiving, you'll have to forgive my ineptitude and tell me if this chapter is rubbish. gratitude and turkey to those who take the time to read my words.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

January 9, 1993

It wasn't like she hadn't expected the quidditch match to go terribly.

Fred and Elodie still weren't on speaking terms, and Oliver and Fred were worse than that: they spoke to each other every chance the got, but only in insults. Elodie was shocked Fred hadn't been kicked off the team yet.

Moreover, Harry was in a right state from all the people calling him the Heir of Slytherin, and Katie and Elodie were... slightly estranged.

Yet, she hadn't anticipated everything to go that wrong.

Elodie had been flying with the quaffle in her arms towards the opposite goalpost when she noticed a bludger acting very strangely. It seemed to be tracking Harry. From the numerous times she had read Quidditch Through the Ages, bludgers were strictly forbidden from chasing players discriminately.

However, she brushed it off as there were more important matters at hand, and chucked the ball harshly towards the Slytherin keeper, Miles Bletchley. Luckily, it plunged through the hoop before he could knock it away and Lee called the point from up in the stands.

"And Florence scores, earning ten points to Gryffindor-bloody hell, Wood, watch out for that bludger-"

But Lee's words were too late, for the bludger came into contact with Oliver's Cleansweep 11, knocking part of the handle clean off. Wood plummeted to the ground, receiving several groans from the crowd. Perfect. Now they didn't have a keeper.

"George! Fred! Get a ruddy handle on the bludgers!" Elodie shouted at the beaters. George nodded, following after Harry and the rouge bludger that was still closely on his tail.

"-And Flint has the quaffle, and he's flying over to the East side of the pitch, and he scores." Lee announced flatly.

"And he scores again, and... now Spinnet has possession of the quaffle, and she tosses it to Bell, and what in Merlin's bloody balls is going on down there?"

"Jordan!" Mcgonagall scolded, but she too was absorbed in the affairs below.

Malfoy and Harry were caught up in a high-speed chase of the snitch, the bludger close behind them. Elodie lost focus on what she was supposed to be doing, missing the quaffle as Katie sent it flying her way.

"Florence! Get a fucking grip!" Katie yelled at her.

Elodie glared, shaking her head and diving for the quaffle. She was barely able to get it through the Slytherin hoop before Lee yelled,

"Oi! Potter, watch out there mate!" The bludger had caught up to where Malfoy and Harry were flying, and it circled in front of them, hitting Harry's arm with a sickening crunch.

Concerned shouts of "Potter!" could be heard from the stands.

But Harry had ignored the injury, surging forward on his broom and doubling over in the air.

"Erm-" Lee squinted down at the young player who was lying on the pitch. Harry rolled over slightly, exhibiting the Snitch in his hands. Lee gave an excited gasp. "Harry Potter has caught the Snitch! Gryffindor wins!"

At that, the Slytherin chaser, Marcus Flint, gave an angry growl and flew dangerously fast towards Elodie.

Elodie yelled, managing to dodge his attack by a couple of inches. "What are you playing at, Flint?" He shrugged maliciously. A small group was gathering around Harry concernedly, and she made to join them, but Marcus blocked her path once more, grabbing the front of her broomstick and yanking it towards him.