Discovering Clues

The next morning, Estella found herself sitting with Hermione, Sienna, and Ginny in the Great Hall.

"I can't believe I walked in on you and my brother!" said Ginny, obviously disgusted.

"That wasn't my fault! We locked the door and did a muffling charm," snapped Sienna as Estella started dying of laughter.

"That's your second time!" said Estella in a fit of giggles.

"Okay then, Stella, what did you do after you and Harry left the Great Hall?" smirked Sienna.

"Oh, do tell!" said Hermione.

"What did you do?" Ginny's voice had suddenly gone devoid of emotion, and stared coldly at Estella.

"Morning," said a familiar voice as they sat down next to Estella. Estella looked to her side to see Harry; Ron had taken the seat across from them, next to Hermione.

Estella had turned to meet his gaze. It served as an intimate moment between the two as Harry reached under the table and took her hand in his.

"Hey Harry," said Sienna, grinning and looking at him with a mischievous expression that made Harry tense, "I didn't see you or Estella much towards the end of the Ball. I mean, I guess you must've-" Estella kicked the girl underneath the table as curious expressions spread on their surrounding friend's faces.

"I'd definitely say it was a great night. Definitely, a night to remember and definitely something I'd do again," Harry smirked, not letting Sienna's statement get to him.

Estella blushed at his statement; the heat that rose upon her face was unavoidable. It was quite obvious Harry was talking about their kiss rather than the dance itself.

******

The next day, at the hands of Rita Skeeter, the news of Hagrid being a half-giant had circled Hogwarts resulting in Professor Grubbly-Plank teaching the class.

Her voice carried over the boys; the girls were all clustered around the unicorn now, stroking it.

"I hope she stays, that woman!" said Parvati when the lesson had ended, and they were all heading back to the castle for lunch. "That's more what I thought Care of Magical Creatures would be like...proper creatures like unicorns, not monsters..."

"What about Hagrid?" Harry said angrily as they went up the stairs.

"What about him?" said Paravati in a hard voice. "He can still be gamekeeper, can't he?"

Estella's eyes narrowed, "Paravati, you've gotten very unrealistic expectations about what 'proper creatures' are. Anyone with a brain would know Hagrid's teaching us about the important creatures that fully contribute to the wizarding world and how to deal with them if we somehow encounter them. In no place would you just encounter a unicorn," snapped Estella.

Parvati glared at the girl who stared right back at her.

"I don't recall asking you, Estella," snapped Parvati.

"That's funny since you were talking to us."

With a huff, Parvati left them.

The following day, she, Harry, Ron, and Hermione left the castle together and set off through the cold, wet grounds and to Hogsmeade. As they passed the Drumstrang ship moored in the lake, they saw Viktor and Killian emerge onto the deck, dressed in nothing but swimming trunks. Viktor was very skinny indeed, while Killian had a great deal of muscle mass to him. Both were tougher than they appeared, because they climbed up onto the side of the ship, stretched out their arms, and dived right into the lake.