waking her with kisses

You groaned when you heard the sound of your alarm going off. It signaled that morning had come and you would soon have to slip out of your girlfriend's arms to get ready for the day ahead.

You were both pretty bummed that her day off fell on a day you had no other choice but to go out for work. It was much too important to miss.

But upon opening your eyes and seeing the time on the clock, you felt thankful that you remembered to set your alarm for a few minutes early today so you could wake up and spend a few minutes with Hailee before you had to head out the door.

You turned it off and closed your eyes for only a minute. Your legs were tangled with Hailee's, her warm arm was wrapped around your stomach. She slept soundly beside you with her head thrown back against her pillow and her lips parted slightly as she took in steady breaths.

If you could, you'd spend forever in this moment. In the warmth and comfort of her arms. But sadly, you didn't have that option and your time with her for the morning was limited.

So you rolled over to lay on your side to face her. You let your fingers dance around her skin for a moment, from her arm to her soft shoulder blade. She stirred at your touch, a contented smile appearing on her face even though she was still asleep. You leaned in to lay a kiss to her neck and at the soft brush of your lips on her skin, she started to wake up.

"Y/n?" She mumbled but laid her head back to expose more of her neck as you continued to lay kisses to her soft, kissable skin. "It's too early. The sun is barely up."

"I know." You sighed. "But I sadly have to go in a few minutes. I figured I'd wake you up to get a few minutes with you before I leave. I'm sorry if you're too tired,"

"No." She whispered and put her hand on your back before gently pushing you to lay on her chest. Your lips were still moving ever so softly on her skin, trailing from her neck to her jawline now. "It's okay. I'm happy you did."

There was a moment of comfortable silence. All you could feel was the beat of her heart against your chest and the only sounds were her soft, steady breaths and the sound of your lips moving along her skin.

"I'm sad I won't be able to spend my day off with you."

"Me too." You mumbled sadly, kissing her cheek a few times. "But you can catch up on some much-needed sleep in the meantime. I won't be home too late, I promise. We'll still have hours to spend together then."

She nodded slowly and opened her eyes to look into yours. She cracked a smile as you kissed from her cheek to her chin to her lips, where you laid a few soft, sweet kisses against them.

"I love you." She whispered into the kiss. "I hope you have a good day. You deserve it. I'll be here waiting for you with takeout and cozy movies."

"I love the sound of that." You smiled. "And I love you. Catch up on some sleep and binge-watch the shows you've been putting off till now to see. I'll be home before you know it."

You laid a couple of pecks to her lips then to her cheeks before climbing out of her arms.

And, ten minutes later when you were ready to head out the door, you peeked back into the bedroom to find her asleep on your side of the bed, hugging your pillow close as she drifted off into a peaceful slumber.