Chapter 58

Akihiko decided to escape from the palace and bathe in the hot springs deep within a nearby mountain. He had been bothered by the words of a certain woman who should not have shaken him this significantly. The emperor of Krastia did not hesitate to kill anyone who would offend his name and reigned many nobles with fear. However, even with all the power in his hands, he was afraid to kill a mere servant after hearing her words.

"I'll hate you forever!" 

The phrase rang in his ears dauntingly, and it was as if the emperor was afraid to be despised by that woman! The mere idea of disappointing this strange woman was disconcerting and disturbed his peace greatly. 

He rode on Red's back for many hours in order to soothe his restless body. Eventually, they discovered a hot spring and stepped into the warm, bubbling water.  

His tense mind was slightly alleviated, and the two relaxed for a while, basking underneath the cloudy sky. 

To his dismay, the sound of an approaching figure interrupted the emperor's peace.

Akihiko sighed, watching in amusement as a slender figure walked slowly through the misty atmosphere. 

However, the woman didn't notice the presence of a man bathing and prepared to step into the hot springs. After all, it was a secluded area that villagers didn't even know about, so she was not wary of her surroundings at all. She had even left without Draco, deeming it completely safe for her to journey alone.

Celine was also exhausted from the long hike into the mountains. She had been too busy to properly bathe herself, and ached to be in the warm water again. She gently loosened her white gown and prepared to step into the springs when a strong force knocked her down.

Without a single glimpse of the woman's appearance, Akihiko dragged the woman into the water and grasped her by the neck. He pressed her deep into the hot water, ignoring her flailing arms and legs. 

Not long after, he noticed a familiar, rosy scent irritating his nose. To the emperor's dismay, the woman below him was Caelina. 

Why don't I just kill her now?

The woman still struggled to escape his grasp, and Akihiko held an urge to erase this unsettling feeling in his heart. If she were to die now in his hands, perhaps he wouldn't think about her anymore.

She's just a bug who keeps appearing.

Unfortunately, his intent didn't go through. A flash of white appeared from the corner of Akihiko's eyes, and before he could react, a silvery dragon slammed into his body.

Celine stood up immediately, spiraling into a coughing fit as water poured out from her mouth and nostrils. She groaned as she struggled to breathe again, and she failed to see her attacker amidst the cloudy mist.

Nonetheless, she could make out a red creature closely resembling Draco. She squinted again, and noticed her own familiar growling dangerously at the opponent. Both of the dragons inhaled deeply, releasing their energy as a battle ensued. The mixture of fire and water exploded into the sky as a thunderous roar echoed throughout the mountains.

Akihiko was stunned, amazed by the mix of two elements. He had heard of Celine's familiar, who could transform into any being. But a dragon as big as Red and with elemental powers? He glanced over at Celine with a newfound admiration, wondering how she had trained him and kept it a secret for many years.

Meanwhile, Celine had physically recovered and looked at the horrifying scene before her.

"Stop them!" She screeched.

Akihiko also sensed the danger and immediately called for his familiar in vain.

Both Akihiko and Celine were unable to move closer to their dragons. The flames grew bigger, and the amount of water Draco released matched it equally. The two danced in the air until they seemed to have enough. Their hostility transformed into a playful fight, and both excitedly pranced around each other. 

Akihiko looked over with a smirk, then finally took in Celine's bedraggled appearance.

Her robes were completely soaked, sticking to her skin tightly and accentuating her curves. Her nipples were hardened and poking through the wet fabric, adding on to her alluring appearance. Akihiko looked away from the enticing site, his ears slightly reddening in embarrassment. He felt rather awkward.

"I didn't realize that the emperor would visit my mountain's hot spring." Celine clenched her fist.

Akihiko widened his eyes in surprise. "Your mountain? I didn't know. . . I thought this mountain was-"

"It's part of my family's estate. If you had formally announced yourself, I would have given you a proper welcome. I apologize for the rudeness, your majesty." Celine lowered herself, and Akihiko was baffled by her headstrong words.

"If you will excuse me, I will return now. Please return to the palace safely." She bowed once more before calling out to Draco, scolding him for his recklessness. 

Akihiko nodded indifferently, although he continued to stare at her retreating figure.

He surveyed her expression, which was red from the hot, humid air. She angrily stomped towards her familiar to check on him, leaving a trail of wet footprints behind. After she checked for injuries, Celine decided it was safe for him to fly and settled herself on his back.

As Draco prepared to fly, Celine gave Akihiko a sidelong glance. "I wish to never cross paths again, your majesty." Her dragon gathered momentum and ascended gracefully into the sky, while the woman never looked back at the emperor.

She didn't notice the corner of his lips to curl upwards, nor expect him to catch up with her soon after. 

Celine rolled her eyes in annoyance and strayed away from her usual path home as he continued to follow behind her.

It felt as if Akihiko was chasing after Celine; both were soaring through the high peaks of the mountains and breaking into wet clouds.

He flew closer to Celine, and he smiled mischievously. "You don't want to see me again, yet you were the one to intrude my chambers and beg me to follow you. It seems as if we meet often too. Do you really believe we won't meet again when our fates seem to be intertwined?" He was clearly enjoying her annoyance.

"It's been 4 years. I have no need for you anymore since I moved on. Please forget this interaction and leave, your majesty." Celine retorted back.

They continued to circle through the mountains since Celine didn't want the emperor to know where she currently resided.

Meanwhile, the emperor thoroughly enjoyed his flight. He found it pleasant to fly with another person in the sky; it was entertaining. Akihiko had already known Celine wasn't a threat, and he believed she was rather unique as a person. He decided to keep her close, in order to unravel the truth between them.

The uneasiness in his heart was shaped into a different emotion, and Akihiko wasn't bothered by this new sensation.