Chapter 9

Recap:

"See you in a little JJ."

"See you in a little," Julie says pulling me in for a kiss.

Julie leaves the room and I smile as she walks out. Right after Hailey walks into the room. "Time to get to work," Hailey says with a smile making me roll my eyes.

"Alright, let's go."
———

Present

Julie's POV:

I hear a the door to the apartment open then close causing me to wake up. I slightly open my eyes to see Tatum tiredly walk into the bedroom. She sets her things down and goes to the bathroom. I hear the shower start to run and I groan quietly knowing that she won't be in bed for a few more minutes.

I close my eyes again and wait for Tatum to finish. After a little, Tatum walks back out with her pajamas on. "Tatum," I whisper and she looks at me with a smile.

"Hey, Gorgeous," she says getting into the bed making me smile.

"How was the rest of work?" I ask as she lays down.

"It was good," Tatum says as I lay my head on her chest.

Tatum wraps her arm around my and I wrap my arm around her waist. "Go back to sleep, JJ. We have our date later," Tatum says making me smile.

"Okay," I whisper as I close my eyes.

I feel Tatum kiss the top of my head. I place a kiss on her chest and she tightens her hold on me. "Goodnight," I say as I doze off.

"Goodnight, Julie."
———

I wake up to my phone ringing. I reach over to where Tatum was and feel cold sheets. I smell bacon and know that she's in the kitchen. I sit up and lean back against the headboard as I grab my phone.

"Hello?" I say as I rub my eyes.

"So are you going to come back or stay with your girlfriend?" I hear Alyssa say.

"Hello to you too, Lyss. First, she is not my girlfriend," I tell her.

"Yet," Alyssa says making me laugh.

"And second, I will be back in two days. Tatum and I haven't talked about anything, so I'm not going to push it. I also need to go to Philadelphia to grab the rest of my things."

"Ok, do you want me to go to Philadelphia?" Alyssa asks me.

"No, it's okay. Thank you though. I need to take care of things by myself," I say as the door to the bedroom opens.

"I have to go, Lyss," I say as Tatum leans against the doorway with a smile on her face.

"Alright, bye Julie."

"Bye," I say and we hang up.

"Morning," Tatum says from the doorway,

"Good morning," I reply with a big smile.

"How did you sleep?" Tatum asks walking over to me.