~Chapter 1~

Scarlett's POV

"Jada.I told you I don't have time for that,"I said and took off my gloves that were stained with blood.

"And I told you that you're shift ends in about..."she pauses and looks at the clock."...fifteen minutes,"she smirks.

"Jada,you know that's not my type of scene,"I whine and walk to one of my patients room,hoping she'll drop it.

"Do I look like I give a fuck?You never get time off and we're going to The red Dragon.You don't need to be cooped up the whole day in the hospital,you know,"she pressed and I groan,turning around.

"Fine!"I stress out and she squealed in excitement.Great.

"Let's go.You're coming to my house and we're gonna get ready there,"I roll my eyes in response and walk to the locker room and changed out of my scrubs.

"Let's go before I change my mind,"I grumbled out and put my hair in a ponytail.I looked down at my leggings and black hoodie and shrugged.We took the elevator down to the lobby where we greet Tiffany and walked out the door.

"Why are you wearing that?"Jada asks in distaste and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What?It's my after work clothes,"I said as I looked down at what I was wearing.

"Well you should wear some clothes which are more...appealing,"she said.

"I am not at the hospital to model for clothing brands.I actually have a job to do so my attire doesn't matter,"I rolled my eyes,getting irritated by her nagging.

We climb in my black Audi and I started up the engine.We pull up to Main street and take a left to Jada's street.

"I'm not wearing that,"I argue as Jada throws me a halter dress that reaches just below my ass.

"Well why the fuck not?You have the body to slay that dress,yet you don't own it,"she retaliates.

"Can't I just pick a dress and you can tell me if it's good or not?"I run my hand through my hair and walk into her closet,not waiting for her response.

I begin rummaging through her clothes till a black bodycon catches my attention.

"I guess this one will work,"I say and Jada nods.I walk into her bathroom and take a quick shower and put on the dress.It hugs my curves in all the right places and reaches mid thigh.

"Come on I'm gonna do your hair,"she says and takes out her straightener."God,you would be a mess without me,"she rolled her eyes and I furrowed my eyebrows.Okay then.

She does my hair and let's it flow down my back.I'm not one for makeup so I just apply a little bit of mascara and clear gloss.

"Now,you atleast look presentable,"Jada said and I crack a small,fake smile.We put on our heels and head to the car.

I drive for about twenty minutes before I spot the red headlights of The Red Dragon.

I look at the time and see it's already past ten.

"Two hours and we're out.If I can't find your ass anywhere I'm leaving.Without you,"she nods and we stand in the excruciating long line.

"Scar!"I hear and look past Jada and see Haden waving at me.He's dressed in black with the club's logo on his shirt.

"I didn't know you worked here,"I say as I drag Jada to the front of the line where Haden's standing.

"They actually hired me about a week ago,"he says and I nod in understanding.Haden was my boyfriend's best friend and we bonded pretty quick.

"Okay,we're gonna go,"I say but he stops me and directs us to the entrance.

"Thanks!Tell Hunter I say hi if you get to him before I do!"I say as Jada drags me into the club to the bar.

"What can I get you ladies?"the bartender asks.I look at the options that are displayed flat on the counter.

"A martini,"I say and he looks over at Jada.

"A sex on the beach,"I just know she's going to use some shitty pick up line she uses on every hot guy we pass by."And maybe your number?"She flutters her eyes up at him and pushes her boobs up.He laughs and hand us our drinks.I sigh and take a big gulp of mine.

"Sure thing,baby girl,"he says and hands her a card.

"Let's go dance,"I say to get away from possible third-wheeling.

"Yes!"she says and finishes her glass and I do the same.

We begin to dance and I let loose a little.I feel eyes burning into my skull so I look around when the feeling of being watched intensifies.

Surely,a pair of forest greens stare into my own and I feel my breath hitch.