p o t i o n s

Chloé POV
______________

My alarm clock quickly woke me up from a deep sleep. I haven't slept like that in days, I wonder why.

I had a nightmare, but right after it came a very nice dream. Draco came to my room and we cuddled, then he laid next to me, stroking my hair and telling me nice things. It felt so real.

But I'm sure it wasn't. Draco would never be so kind to me. He's not capable of such thing.

I stretched my body a little, rolled in my bed from side to side, then I suddenly froze.

I could swear to god I have just smelled Draco on my left pillow. I moved closer and only proved it. Mint and cologne. But why would I smell Draco, unless...

Oh no...

I instantly stood up, put on my white fluffy bathrobe and went straight out of my room. I knocked at Dracos door and then waited for respond.

This can't be true. I refuse to believe that Draco would sleep next to me even for a second. And stroke my hair? No.

I knocked second time, because he wasn't responding. I heard footsteps in his room coming closer to the door, so I assumed it's him.

I quickly brushed through my hair to put in in place so I look like a human being.

He opened the door, not naked this time. What a shame.

"Can I help you?" He asked and gave me a mysterious smile.

"Uh...actually..." I stuttered.

What was I supposed to say? Hey, did you sleep next to me last night? What if it's not true, what if it really was just a dream? He would know I dream of him, which would only embarrass me, since we don't talk to each other

"Yes, I did stay with you last night."

"How did you know I was gonna ask that?" I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrows.

His eyes look kinda tired, he probably didn't get much sleep. That's my fault.

"You were screaming and I was drunk. I'm sorry if you feel uncomfortable." His happy voice suddenly changed into monotonous.

Draco Malfoy is sorry?

"No, I just didn't expect that. But thank you. It was very...kind of you."

"Anytime." He responded, not breaking eye contact between our eyes.

Anytime? How about every night?

"Draco...would you do it if you weren't drunk?"

"Probably not, but I'm glad I did. Because now I truly know how I feel about you."

I definitely didn't expect to hear that.

But it could mean anything. He speaks in such crosswords.

"How do you feel?" I asked and came closer.

"I feel like we should go on a date to find out."

"Are you asking me on a date? You?" I couldn't believe his words.

"Yes. How about this evening?"

"Okay."

"Okay."

This situation was awkward enough for me to leave to my room, without saying any goodbye.
I closed the door and stood on the same place for a while, trying to process what just happened.

We've been ignoring each other for weeks, then he comes to my room and sleeps next to me, and then he asks me on a date?

Draco is so unpredictable. We can go on a date today and hate each other a week after. You never know, that's the fun in it.

I was thinking about last night almost in all of my todays classes. The way how comfortable and safe I felt in his arms is unimaginable. I wish we could stay like that forever.

I cold not bring myself to pay any attention on my last class of today - Potions with Snape. Especially when Draco was sitting beside me, practically breathing on my neck.

"What is the last ingredient we use to make amortentia?" Asked Snape, but no one raised their hand.

Oh no, I have bad luck in these situations. It's always me who teachers choose.

"No one?"

I crouched on my table so he doesn't see me.

"What about mis Delacour?"

Of course it has to be me.

"Uh...powered moonstone?"

"We already mentioned that, if you payed attention, you would know that."

"I'm sorry."

"It's pearl dust." Said Draco behind me.

"Thank you, mister Malfoy, but I didn't ask you anything. Delacour, soon we'll be making amortentia potions, you'll be the first to show us how to do it. I expect you to make it without any mistakes."

"Yes, sir."

Fuck fuck fuck.

After the class, I met Fred at the stairs. He gave me a big bear hug, which must look very funny to someone passing by us, because of how tall he is and how small I am. He has to bend to give me a proper hug.

"I missed you." Said Freddie and smiled at me.

"Aw, I missed you too." I replied.

"How are your nights? Is it better?"

"Yes, much better." I smiled, absolutely not thinking of Draco.

"Because, you know...I can come over anytime you ask me."

"Yeah-"

"I have to go now, we're trying a love potion on Ron!" He said, halfway on the other floor.

I waved my hand at him, but he left me very confused.

I can come over anytime you ask me.

That didn't really sound good. I'm worried he's catching some feelings.

I can't hurt him. Not Freddie. He deserves the world.