NOTHIN NEW TO YOU

alexa.
her house, later at night.

i smiled at my new curtains in my bedroom. they looked so pretty!

one thing had been bothering me all day. and that is that calum hasn't texted me all day.

did i do something wrong?

obviously im not going to expect him to text me every single second of his life but it was a little unusual.

it was midnight currently and i just made ramen before putting up my curtains and i planned to lay in my bed and watch the dark world.

that is, until i heard a knock.

i carefully went downstairs and grabbed a knife before opening the door, seeing a sight i didn't think i would see tonight.

a stranger holding calum, who was drunk off his ass.

"um, hello?"

"hi, im calums friend. uh, he's been asking for you for the entire night and he's extremely drunk." he told me, "he wants you. can you please just take him?"

i stared at the two and hesitantly nodded, taking him in my arms with an awkward smile. "thanks for keeping him safe."

he nodded and then walked back to his car and drove away.

i sighed and closed the front door with one hand, seeing calum examine my house and move to examine my face.

"oh my goosh! 'lexa," he smiles brightly. "i've missed you!"

i chuckle nervously and set him down on my couch, "don't move." i told him before walking to the kitchen to grab water.

i come back to him looking at me. his face a little more relaxed.

"no thank you." he rejected me handing his water to him.

"calum you always accept water- drink it, please." i begged at him.

"no, it'll sober me up and make me remember." he pushed it away and gulped loudly.

"remember what?" i questioned, throughly confused.

"that i am fucking in love with you." he blurted, looking at me and searching for a reaction.

my eyes grew wide as i repeated the words in my head. he started getting worried and stood up immediately.

"god that was so stupid to say. don't hate me, dear. im ordering an uber and going home."

i rushed up as he walked towards my front door. "w- what- no, stay please! i don't hate you."

i was at a complete loss for words. a drunk man confessing his love for you, isn't exactly what i thought would happen today.

"don't try and make this better." he shook his head, looking down at me with bloodshot eyes. "i just told you my giant secret and now you're going to unfriend me forever."

now, he was towering over me. i was against a wall, my back pressed up firmly against a wall. his hand placed against the wall, keeping me locked from moving.

"i just- i like you, a lot." he said, his words slurred a little. "i like you alexa. i know i'm drunk, but i mean it."

i stood there, completely and utterly speechless. was this man seriously confessing his love for me right now?

he and i stood in silence. no words spoken, only his heavy breathing.

"please, let me treat you right." he practically begged.

i gulped.

"let's get you to bed."