🌕 . . chapter nine.

( ❑❑❑ )

❝ wanna know what's deeper? ❞

++ ❝ bruh. ❞

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( november 09, 2022. )

"that life just wasn't for us."

the vehicle was shifted into its neutral state amidst the stoplight's focus on a bright, alerting luminescence of red. it was pointless at this hour though, considering the fact that no cars except theirs were to be seen in the area. but being the nice, paranoid citizens they were, they stopped for compliance.

once they finished recalling the bizarre happening, raeil added, "for the next two years, every time i saw a police car i was literally so, so scared. i thought a cop would suddenly approach me with his handcuffs and bring me to jail for being a drug addict."

"it was literally one joint and you didn't even finish half of it." doyoung let out the hundredth sneer of the night, each of his actions conveying the message don't overreact.

"still!"

he slightly nodded as a final reply towards her emphasis. 

she turned up the volume of the car speaker upon hearing how captivating the next song was, leaning back to her seat's backrest to momentarily enjoy the vibe.

"who sold it though?" raeil then persisted to ask, mirroring the exact same tone she used for a similar question four years ago, "was it xuxi... or jaehyun?"

"pfft, why xuxi and jaehyun?"

"i don't know, they look stoned most of the time."

after 120 seconds of waiting for the stoplight to change its color, which had timing that honestly felt like an entire hour, the red light finally turned into green, indicating him to go on. still making the road his center of attention, doyoung contained his laughter for raeil's thought of his friends allegedly being stoners.

"they're just sleep deprived."

"is it really just that?"

( ❑❑❑ )