14. Unworthy?

As soon as Ariana had entered her chamber, a maid locked the door from outside. Not that she noticed as she had her head buried in a pillow, which muffled her cry, for the whole night.

Only in the morning, people decided to check on her. She lifted her gaze when she heard the door click open to find Christopher, Emma and Ivory standing at the door.

"We are letting ourselves inside." said Ivory while entering.

"How are you?" asked Emma softly before sitting on the bed beside her. "We heard what happened in front of the Prince's chamber." She continued.

"Correction Emma. In front of the King's Chamber." said Christopher. His tone was unusually sharp.

Ariana turned her face towards Christopher. He rose his left eyebrow in response.

"I'm fine." Ariana lowered her face.

They sat in silence before Christopher asked, "What is all this act for?"

"Christopher!" Ivory snapped.

"So you don't believe me as well?" asked Ariana in response. Her voice was hoarse and shaky.

"It's your word versus word of the King. What do you think?" Christopher folded his arms.

Ariana scoffed. "Well, what are you here for then?"

Christopher narrowed his eyes and left the room. Even Emma left as her wolf couldn't tolerate the disrespect towards her Alpha. That's what was happening to everyone else. Their wolf chose to believe words of their Alpha King over anybody else's.

Ivory stayed.

"I do not know my brother for lying, you know." She broke the silence. "And I know my brother very well."

Ariana hesitated before asking, "What about me?"

"I think that not only are you the least favorite child of Alpha Edward, you are the least favorite child of Moon Goddess too."

Ariana gave her a sad smile.

"Be strong, Ari. That's what I said to Nate."

Ariana closed her eyes as Ivory gave a kiss on her forehead and opened them to watch her leave.

Her eyes widened when she saw Narcisse, the Seer enter. A guard closed the door behind him.

"You have come to lecture me about what I did yesterday, haven't you?". Ariana sniffled.

The seer gave her a sympathetic smile.
"No, my dear. I have come here to guide you through your dark time."

"Guide me?" Ariana let out a bitter scoff.

She was about to turn her body to the other side but stopped when she heard him say, "I know that he is your mate."

She looked at him, dumbfounded by his words. "W- what?"

"Oh my sweet child, I see your eyes. They're blood red. I see your nose. They're puffy and red too. Look what he did to you!"

Ariana wiped her face with her hands. She sniffled once again. "So you know the truth?"

Narcisse stared at her face for a while.
"How vulnerable you have become."

"Answer me!" cried Ariana.

"Yes, I do know the truth." answered the Seer. "So does your sister and so does your mate."

Ariana gulped. "Why is he doing this then? Pretending as if I'm not his mate but somebody else is."