Chapter 5: Into The Wilderness

<Sally>

As I watched my son walk out of the apartment I whispered, 'be safe,' hoping that just once my life my wish would be answered.

I wished for him to not have to go to camp,

I wished for him to live a happy life,

I wished for him to find true love,

I wished for him to have a loving family.

 None of my wishes were been answered. At least the Fates should be kind enough to give me this one. That I will not have to see the life leave his eyes, or hear that he was killed by an enemy and know that I was helpless to stop them. To keep my son safe. To hold him in my arms and protect him from harm. Instead it is him who holds me while I cry. Who protects me from monsters. Who does all he can to keep me safe. All because I am 

mortal. 

That one word has hurt my son so much, but there is nothing that I can do about it. Nothing we can do to change it. This is how things will always be. My son, rushing to protect me while all I can do is watch helplessly as he is hurt more and more. Stabbed in the back by those he loves, but there is on thing that I can do though.

I will stand by him. He will always have a home with me. A family with me. I will always love him. This I swear on the River Styx.

-

<Percy>

As I left my mother's place I was happy because now I had something to live for. When my cousins, friends, and father-as much as I hated him-, betrayed me, I felt empty. I just wanted to die, then I remembered my mother.

I remembered how she would tuck me into bed when I had a bad dream and sing me a song. How she would tell me my favorite stories in the Greek myths. About how Perseus-my namesake- saved Andromeda and slayed the mighty Medusa, the adventures of the huntress Atlanta, and many more. She would also tell me the failings of each hero, teaching me not to be a prideful arrogant idiot, but to be kind, caring and loyal to all who earn my trust.  She taught me that no one is perfect and that instead of accepting it you should strive to be better. To always work hard and never give up.

She made me who I am today, and just like that my will to live was snapped back into place, much stronger now after seeing Blackjack, Mrs O'Leary and my mother herself. 

I am going to live for them, the last people who hold my loyalty.

-

I am running on the tops of trees, something I have been practicing for a while now. I have been training in the wild for so much that I feel a part of it. I trained my powers until they were at their maximum, even my blood bending powers. I never want to control someone's blood out of anger ever again. It terrified me, seeing Lilly scream, the utter terror on her face. All because of me. Never, do I want to see that again.

As I was running I see 2 cyclops, as I look at them they burst into golden dust. This is how much my powers over blood bending increased. I can just glance at them and my powers will evaporate the monsters blood and kill it. I am not scared of my powers anymore, fear will let my powers control me, I must control it or it will take over me like what happened with Misery. I embrace my powers and welcome them but still keep a firm leash on them so that they don't go out of control.

I wear a black cloak lined with silver and purple but with no hood. I don't know why but I have been getting really attached to this colors. Not that I don't like blue anymore it's still one of my favorite colors.