PAST HURTS

Shivaay was looking at her with shocked expression

Shivaay: tumhein kaise.....

Anika(smiled): aapki aankhone bataya

Shivaay: matlab?

Anika: bethiye batati hun.

She made him sit on the sand.

Shivaay: ab batao

Anika: insaan ke ander kya chal raha hai woh jaan ne ke liye unki aankhon mein dekhna chahiye. Sab likha hota hai. Bas pandhna aana chahiye.

Shivaay turned his face towards the water. "Agar aap chahe toh mujhe bata sakte hai" she said. But he chose to remain silent. Getting him silent she understood that the doesn't want to reveal.

Anika: it's okay agar aapko nahi batana. Par kya main yahan beth sakti hun?

Shivaay nodded without looking at her. They sat there without speaking anything. There was slience all around only the sound of waves was audible.

"Her name was Aditi" shivaay spoke after good amount of silence. Anika turned her head to him listening him.

Anika: nice name.

Shivaay(smiled): woh toh hai. She was so beautiful, pagal si thi, just like a kid. She was in my college. Same batch. You know uss mein aur mujh mein koi similarities nahi thi. Sirf padhai mein ache the dono. Agar mujhe continental khana pasand hai toh usse Indian. Main practicality mein believe karta hun aur woh magic mein. Shuruwat mein bohat ladte the hum par phir dosti ho gai aur phir....

Anika: pyaar

Shivaay(nodded yes): everything was normal.... Ek din humne..... I mean humare sare friends ne mileke decide kiya that we'll party. Hum gaye aur kisine meri aur Aditi ke drinks spike kardi and we got intimate. I was feeling guilty. Par she was okay with it. Then again life went normal....... But zindagi mein hamesha sab kuch normal toh nahi rehta. Kuch time baad we got to know that she is pregnant...... I was happy. Par usse log kya kahenge usski tension thi. So I decided that we'll get married. Humne phir church mein shaadi karli. Then she gave birth to a girl. My baby..My Aisha..

A smile crept on his face. Anika also smiled.

Shivaay: she became my life. My everything. Main usse lectures mein bhi leke jata tha. Aur woh bikul awaz nahi karti. She was a good girl.

His face was having brightest smile. But suddenly that smile fade away and tears broke the barrier of his eyes and flooded out.

Shivaay: but she is no more.

He sobbed and anika snapped her head towards him.

Anika: kyu? Kya hua tha usse?

Shivaay: usse SCID tha.

Anika: woh hota kya hai?

Shivaay: SCID matlab Severe combined immunodeficiency yeh ek rare genetic disorder hai. Jis mein bacha bina kisi immune system ke paida hota hai. Kisi bhi infection se lad pana body ke liye impossible hai. Aise bache zyada tar paida hone ke ek saal baad hi.....

His sobs got loud. Anika placed her hand on his shoulders to support him.

Anika: kya usski koi treatment nahi hai?

Shivaay: hai par hume der ho gai thi aur hum humari Aishi ko nahi bacha pai.

Anika: what about Aditi?

Shivaay: she was broken. Bohat mushkil tha usse sambhalna. She was not able to take it aur woh bhi mujhe chhod ke chali gai

He cried even more. Anika can't do anything so she just squeezed his shoulder. Not able to control more he hugged her and hid his face in the crook of her neck. Anika was quiet shocked but she understand that he needs a shoulder to cry. So she let him cry and rubbed his back to clam him.