Lena's Birthday

Three months later

Kara

In the past three months, I've grown. I've grown from the seven-week-lasting relapse of alcohol and shutting people out. I let Alex, Lena, and Maggie help me, and I don't regret it.

Lena and I are closer than ever, come to think of it. Each and every morning, I woke up to her in my arms. She's all I ever wanted and all I'll ever need.

That being said, I smiled as I looked up at Lena, who just lightly chuckled, leaning down to press a loving kiss to my lips. There was a knock at the door, and Lena opened the door to reveal my sister and Maggie.

After exchanging hugs, we all went out to Noonans for lunch. It was a double date. I took Lena's hand in mine as we walked, glancing over for my eyes to meet her stunningly green ones, my smile growing on my face.

Today was Lena's birthday. Of course, she didn't know that I knew. That's the whole plan. When she and I were only friends, she was very adamant about her hatred for her birthday. I was going to change that.

The game plan was to wait until dusk. When the sun went down. I would take her out for a midnight fly around our beloved National City, touching down at the rooftop of L-Corp. We would stay there until sunrise.

Lena was always a sunrise person. She preferred sunrises over sunsets because "sunrises are more unique as you see the beginning of a day of which you have no idea has in store for you". Her words, word for word. On point. 

A while back, I bought Lena a promise ring and kept it in the dark corners of my closet, in hopes she doesn't find it. She never did. I was going to give her that promise ring and promise her a few things that I have full intentions of keeping.

As the four of us sat down in Noonans, a waiter approached us, notepad in hand, requesting our orders. He smiled at me, biting his lip as his eyes roamed my body, and I felt Lena's grip on my hand become tighter, and I saw that steel glare she had pointed at him.

After we ordered our meals, a turned my head so that I could whisper into Lena's ear, "What was that, baby?" She rolled her eyes.

Her hand left mine and settled on my thigh before she spoke back in a hushed tone, "He was checking you out."

"I know, and I'm not going anywhere. I'm yours," I whispered back. Her eyebrow shot up as a smirk formed over those red-painted lips.

She quietly chuckled, "Oh, are you now?" Her hand crept dangerously up further than it had already been, and I felt my cheeks flush pink.

"Answer me," she growled in my ear. Maggie gave us each a look, biting back a bark of laughter as she continued her conversation with her fiancee.

Whimpering slightly, I whispered back, "Yes. I am yours." Lena smirked in satisfaction as her hand got higher.

"Babe!" I protested as she started to rub her hand against me. Alex raised an eyebrow skeptically at the two of us, Maggie still holding back laughter.

Lena covered for me, "Oh, I said an inappropriate joke that your sister didn't quite like," I nodded, silently thanking and cursing my girlfriend as Alex just shrugged, turning back to Maggie, continuing their conversation.

"Lee, please, we're in public..." I whispered to her. She just laughed.

"I'll take you, right here, right now, without a care in the world," she grinned, slipping her hand into my pants, drawing a silent gasp from me.

She started to rub my clit in a circular motion as I bit my lip to prevent any sound from escaping from my lips. She picked up the pace, rubbing faster, but right when I was on the mere edge of release, she pulled her hand away, successfully edging me.