19

Nate Carter

"Wow, "I mumbled under my breath when I saw Dylan.

He got a haircut. It was shorter on the side and puffier on the top. That was not the only thing that got my attention because he was also dressed differently. He was wearing a black flannel over a white shirt with a pair of denim jeans on and all I could think about was how beautiful he looked at the moment.

"Hey," He shoved me playfully after I starred at him for longer than I should have, "Stop looking at me like that."

"It's kinda hard if you're going to look like that."I pointed out, "Did Fairy God Mother came and grant you a wish or something?"

"No, Bella dressed me."He said casually and shrugged, "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."I winked, "Do you have your hiking shoes on?"

Dylan Blake

"Nate, I can't go any further, "I said exhaustedly while climbing up the hill.

"We're almost there."He grabbed my hand and help me up, "It's going to be worth it, I swear."

After a few more minutes, we finally arrived at the top of the hill and the view of the entire town took my breath away.

The lights of the small buildings were bright and in the middle, there was a big bell tower that was all familiar with.

"It's beautiful, right?"Nate said casually,
"I thought that you would like it."

"I do, very much."I assured, "How did you even know about this place?"

"My dad used to take my family here a while back and I've never come back until now."He explained.

I gave him a sympathetic look but also really loved the fact that he trusted me enough to bring me up here and tell me about this.

"Come, "He put down some picnic sheets on the floor and sat down, "My mom made some sandwiches."

"Your mom?"I chuckled and sat next to him.

"The lady knows how to make a good sandwich."He said sarcastically.

I chuckled a little bit more before my smile fade and I looked deeply into his sparkling blue eyes, trying to study what was his emotions at the moment.

"What are you thinking about?"I asked.

"You, "He pushed the side of my hair back,
"And how much I like you."

I looked away to avoid looking at him because the way he looked at me made me feel like I'm something that he wants and for some reason, it made me uncomfortable.

"Are you okay?"He asked me softly and sat up straight.

"Yeah, I'm fine."I nodded but he didn't seem convinced by it.

"Hey," He said softly, "You can tell me anything."

"It's really stupid."I mumbled, "But, can you promise me something?"

"Anything."

"Don't be a jerk."I uttered out, "That's not what I mean. I mean to say that, please don't lie to me or hurt me or do anything else that can ruin this because I like you very much and I have never felt this way with anyone."

"It's not stupid."He said softly and brought his face closer to mine, rubbing our nose together, "I promise all of the above, baby."He whispered and pressed his soft lips on mine.

I closed my eyes and felt him slip his tongue in my mouth and that drove me crazy. I wanted more of him and so, I straddled over him and continue to kiss him as I trailed my fingers on his hair.

"Dylan, Dylan," Nate said breathlessly after pulling away from the kiss, "Don't get me wrong, I really want this but it is way too early for you and we're definitely not going to do that in the middle of nowhere."

"I am so sorry."I came to my senses and covered my face with the palm of my hand after getting off him, "I don't know what got into me."

"You don't have to apologize for that."Nate chuckled, "I know how irresistible I am."

"Well, it's just the looks for you."I joked,
"I'm sorry, I don't know where that came from either."

"You made a joke."Nate chuckled lightly,
"You don't have to apologize at the end of it."

"I'm so bad at this."I groaned and buried my face on his chest.

"You'll get there."He wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

>>>>>>

I held Nate's arm as we walked around the town for fun. It was not that late as there were still people around and the light was still bright. Usually, after midnight the lights go off and the town would be totally silent.

We looked around some stores before stopping at a coffee place to get some beverages.

While opening the door, I was surprised to run into Mason, the same Mason from the ranch the day before.

"Mason?"I raised my eyebrows.

"Hey, it's you."He smiled at me.

"What are you doing here?"I asked.

"I'm visiting my parents."He mentioned and the both of us went silent as we didn't know anything else to say to each other except to smile before Nate coughed.

"I'm sorry, this is Nate."I introduced.

"Nice to meet you."Nate held out his hand and Mason shook his hand.

"This is Mason, he works at my grandparents' ranch," I said to Nathan.

"Is this the guy you giggled on the phone yesterday?"Mason asked sarcastically.

"Yeah, "I chuckled.

"We were about to get something to drink, do you want to join us?"Nate offered.

"Yeah, I'm not in a rush."He added.

The three of us went inside and sat at a small table together with Nate sitting next to me and Mason across from us.

"Why do you look so familiar?"Mason asked Nate after examining his face, "Do I know you from somewhere?"

"I don't know."Nate shrugged, "Do you?"

"Wait a minute," Mason looked like he realized something, "What's your last name?"

"Carter, "Nate mentioned.

Mason had a big smile on his face while Nate just stared at him with a blank face.

"You're Andy's kid."Mason pointed out,
"My family goes way back with that guy.
I actually visited him in-"

"Hey, Dylan, it's getting late, we should go."Nate stood up quickly and let out his hand for me to grab.

"But-"

"Your father might kill me if I take you home late," Nate said seriously as his face looked all nervous and I just that something was going on with him. I just didn't know what.

He obviously was hiding something.

Instead of questioning him, I grabbed his hand and waved Mason goodbye before we left the shop.