3. Home

"Thanks for stopping at that art store

"Thanks for stopping at that art store." I turn away from my new substantial painting supplies and beam at Mr. Sexy Biker.

"Didn't really give me an option, considering you said it was a matter of life or death."

Facing forward, I plop my butt back on the seat. "It was and now you've saved me twice." My two fingers wiggle in the air for dramatic affect.

We've been driving again for ten minutes and I can't seem to shut up, because I never can. At the moment, I'm rambling on about how pretty his midnight blue car is while I munch on Chex Mix.

The interior of the car is eye-catching with black leather seats in pristine condition and pretty rich wood accents on the dashboard, doors and around the stick shift. The steering wheel is mostly wood as well and flawless with no dents or nicks in it... in fact, everything in the car is flawless. It's so clean that I could probably eat off the floor.

"How did you get this? It can't be cheap. Oh my gosh, Mr. Mysterious Biker Guy..." I lean in whispering with wide eyes, "Do you sell drugs."

He glances at me with an amused smirk as his sunglasses rest on his head. "No."

I raise my I don't know if I believe you brow. "Would you tell me if you did?"

His glorious laugh fills the car and I smile adding another mark to the mental chart I'm keeping. "Probably not."

"Well, at least you're honest. Okay, I should probably not keep calling you, Mr. Sexy Biker Guy—"

"You haven't called me that one yet."

I give a nonchalant shrug and go back to munching. "I call you that in my head."

"Most people would be embarrassed saying something like that."

I wave my hand dismissing the comment. "Here's the most important thing you'll learn about me. I'm not like most people."

"How so?" He pops on his blinker and pulls onto the off ramp.

My finger taps on my head. "Wired differently."

"What do you mean by that?"

"How some people I've known put it, I have a broken brain."

It's quiet for a little.

"Name's Adonis."

My attention goes from my bag of Chex Mix to him and I swivel in my chair to face him. "Is that your real name? Because I've read a lot of books and according to ones about biker's you guys go by nicknames."

He smiles at that and there are those magnificent dimples. "Nickname."

"So what's your real name?"

"Don't go by that name."

I narrow my eyes at him. "I'll figure it out you know."

He chuckles. "Doubt it."

"Don't." I go back to my snack. "Mine is—"