Chapter-27

Arinya's POV

It's the last day for all of the team members to get their share of work done because tomorrow Ashton will review and finalize the designs to be sent further. I along with every team member has worked day and night with utmost dedication for the project. None of us could afford to disappoint Ashton in any way so all of us did put in our best efforts.

I was sitting in my cabin working on the designs and it would be apt to say that I was borderline tired. I winded up my work with drooping eyes. Somehow, I was satisfied that I completed my part successfully on time but at the same time I was supremely nervous about my performance.

A yawn escaped my mouth and I stretched my limbs. I checked the time and it was 9:30 PM already. I collected the final designs and slid them under the envelope with my name written on it. I was supposed to hand over the designs to Miss Wilson before leaving the office building but she had to leave early because of some emergency at her place so she asked me to keep my designs in her cabin's drawer safely and I obliged.

I booked a cab for myself since Elle wasn't in the office. It was John's parents' 30th anniversary and both of them left early after finishing and submitting their design work. Elle was a little worried for me but I promised her that I'll reach home safely and give her a call. Moreover, it was indeed a really special and joyous day for the couple as John finally decided to make his parents meet Elle as his girlfriend so I couldn't let her worry about anything or anyone today at any cost. I only pray the best for her and I hope everything goes really well today.

I grabbed my personal belongings along with the design's envelope and exited my cabin. Before heading to Miss Wilson's cabin, I decided on going to the restroom first to splash some cold water on my face. I went inside and did what I came to do. I pulled out a face towel from my handbag and patted it all over my wet face. Suddenly a familiar voice boomed in the empty and silent washroom which surely did startle me.

"Hey darling." It was Natalia.

"Oh it's you, hey." I replied and smiled faintly at her.

"Why haven't you left for home yet? You look exhausted as well." I couldn't differentiate between whether she tried to make her words sound really concerning or she genuinely meant every word she said.
Even though she hasn't made any evilish move since she confronted and apologized to me but something just won't sit well with me. I might be making wrong judgements now but I am taking my time to adapt to her sudden demeanor change, basically her sweetness towards me.

"I was working on the designs but I am good." I answered gesturing towards the envelope peeking through my handbag.

"Of course." She twisted her hands and gave a really wide smile.

"Uh I think I should leave, my cab must be here and I've to submit the designs as well." I said trying not to waste too much time just talking to her as I was getting late to leave for home. Additionally, she's really unpredictable these days.

She took a step behind graciously and gestured for me to go.
"Oh you should, take care." She said and winked at me.

"See you later." I smiled at her weakly and she nodded in response.

I exited the restroom and entered the elevator. I pressed the 5 and waited to reach to the fifth floor. The elevator dinged and the doors opened. Just as I stepped out of the lift, I saw the face that I didn't really wanted to see at all. It was David along with Josephine by his side. He looked straight into my eyes but I truly couldn't find any hint of shame in his eyes after what he did. I decided on avoiding his presence and walked past him.