15. Breaking Point

The sun peers through my blinds and I look at my phone seeing that it's past twelve

The sun peers through my blinds and I look at my phone seeing that it's past twelve. Sitting up, my body's sore, with white paint all over my pajamas and sheets. I get out and head downstairs, my cast heavily hanging at my side, which is exactly what the doctor told me not to do.

When I walk in the kitchen it's empty, I turn to the wall that I had destroyed and it's been fixed. Dad must've done it. Guilt slashes through me.

How many people are going to have to clean up my messes?

I start the coffee maker and stare blankly at it. Sighing, I move away and head to my makeshift art studio to find a massive canvas that's almost entirely white but painted different shades of it. Right at the heart of the canvas is the same blasted little finger that's in the painting on the wall. It's so realistic it looks 3D, like the finger is ripping out of the canvas causing cracks and tears, trying to touch me... again.

The sound of people parading into the house catches me off guard. I step away and go back in the house to find all the guys including Dad and Archie along with Amber and Lashes.

Before anyone can see me in my little, slightly inappropriate pajamas, Adonis appears next to me and ushers me past without anyone seeing me.

When we get to the hallway by the stairs, I push him off. "I didn't need your help."

He grabs my good arm pulling me into him. Glancing up I see he has horrible bags under his eyes. His usually perfectly messy dark gold locks are tousled, heavy, and pulled all over the place. His eyes are lined with the red heat of exhaustion I know all too well, that can't be cured with a simple good night's sleep.

He puts his finger in my face. "I didn't do it to help you. I did it because I don't want any of the guys seeing my girl like this."

I freeze at that.

"I'm not yours," I whisper.

He softly lifts my chin up and growls out, "Yes you are."

Whipping around, I stomp upstairs and awkwardly get dressed. My stupid cast causes me to rip an old favorite shirt of mine. I throw it off cursing and put on a new one then head back down.

Adonis stares at me looking all brooding and sexy, which is unfair because when I struggled with that I looked like crap. Amber and Lashes are sitting down with their laptops. When they see me Amber jumps up and gives me a gentle hug.

"Lashes and I just saw all of your work and we started Googling how much artists can make and for the most part nothing, but for you..." She bops my nose with her finger before she sits down in front of her laptop. "You could make big bucks."

"Yeah." Lashes jumps in. "We looked up artists similar to your work and they are like millionaire's.

"What? Buttercup can be a millionaire?" Ducky asks, putting his arm around me. "Marry me, my love. You be my sugar momma and I'll be your—"