22. Mission Impossible

"Bones!" I scream out as I plow through my house

"Bones!" I scream out as I plow through my house. "Your idiot brother is giving himself over thinking that it's going to fix everything and it's not, so we're going to rescue him."

I cross my arms over my chest and fume as everyone stares at me. Bones though, leans in his eyes glinting. "And what's your plan, Tater Tot?"

"And what could you possibly do?" Dana asks, pointing at me.

Bones answers for me. "Cause a distraction. They hear his Old Lady is there, they'll want to get you and use you against him."

"Old Lady?!" Dana shrieks.

I glare at her and stomp right up. "You heard it. I'm his Old Lady, so the next time you come into my house and kiss what belongs to me, I'll chop off your head and stick it on a pole in my front yard to ward off any other females who think of doing the same thing."

Amber clears her throat. "With Arch, Dad, and Adonis gone, who's the leader?"

Ducky sits on a chair like it's a throne  "I knew this day would come. Ace, Lashes, Georgie, come sit on my lap while I come up with a plan."

We all give him a blank stare. "We need to get Adonis back now," Lashes retorts in a monotone voice.

Nova shakes his head. "I think it's best if I take the lead Duck. I am the president's son after all."

Ducky scoffs. "In this day and age isn't nepotism frowned upon?"

Nova rolls his eyes. "Duck, I've been a part of the club since I was in diapers."

"Your cut's still fairly new though."  Ducky is quick to remind him.

As the two bicker, I look to Bones. "You should take the lead."

Both Ducky and Nova object. "What?"

Nails comes up next to me. "She's right. He knows everything about the club. He can get us in. We have the advantage with him since they think he's dead."

"But we don't even know if we can trust him!" Nova shouts. "He's a Silencer and just because he's Adonis's brother doesn't mean we should fully trust him."

"I trust him," I counter. "I trust Adonis and Adonis trusts him."

"Sorry, Tater Tot, but your trust doesn't hold much weight with the club," Nova objects.

"How will you distract them?" Bones asks me.

The memory of Dallas and Red Light freaking out when I had my episode flashes in my mind.  I smile and look at him. "Fear."

"Fear?"

"Fear," I state firmly. "Fear is the best weapon. I may not have it but most people do. Use me and I'll put the fear of God in them."

"No way." Nova jumps in. "It's one thing to have him lead us, it's another to put you in harm's way. If Adonis makes it out alive, even if he's sipping through a straw, he'll find a way to kill us. We can't use her as a distraction, it's too risky."