Trusting You

Back at home, Sukara had brought Iroh and Ozah while they prepare to leave, not wanting to waste any time. Kai was to stay in Republic City and look after Voya.

"You don't take your eyes off her," Sukara told him firmly, "not for a second I won't loose her too."

"I know," Kai nodded, glancing over at Voya who was sitting at the table eating a snack, "I'll keep her safe I promise."

"I'm trusting you Kai," Sukara said, softening and leaning back against the counter, "don't take her far from the house and no matter how many times she asks don't give her any kale cookies, they make her sick."

Kai nodded, a small smile on his face, "it's okay Sukara, I know how you and Kuvira do things. I live here too you know."

"I know, I'm just-" Sukara started but paused to think of the word.

"You wanna make sure she's okay," he said, reassuring her, "we all know you wouldn't leave if you didn't have to."

Sukara gave him a weak smile, her fear still coursing through her veins like fire. She knew the feeling wouldn't go away until she got Kuvira back.

Iroh made his way over now that Sukara had finished talking with Kai.

"Ready to go?" he asked, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"One second," she told him, turning to walk past him to go and speak to Voya.

She knelt down next to the chair, steadying herself by holding on to the back of it.

"Hey, how you doing turtleduck?" she asked, brushing hair out of Voya's eyes so that she could see her properly.

"Good," Voya smiled, eating another slice of apple, "is Mommy gone like Ma?"

"No, not like that," Sukara told her, not letting herself even think about that, "Mommy is just lost right now but I'm going to get her and bring her home."

Voya nodded with a smile, "you going to do it fast?"

"As fast as I can," Sukara said, reaching up and stroking Voya's hair, "listen, I need you not to tell Lin about this."

"Why?"

"Lin wants to take a different way to getting Mommy back," Sukara explained, "she wants to take her time but I can't wait that long."

"What happens if I tell her by accident?" Voya asked, looking a little worried at the responsibility.

"Nothing, I'd still love you the same," Sukara said, a sympathetic smile on her face as she reassured her, "I'd just rather you didn't mention it if you can. But I won't blame you if you do."

"Okay," Voya smiled, "I'll try my best."

Sukara stood and gave Voya a path on the head, "I'll be back as soon as I get Mommy okay, I'll be as fast as possible."

"Momma," Voya said, looking up at her as Sukara went to follow Iroh out to the front door, "don't get lost too."

"I won't baby," Sukara smiled as she leaned on the wall, "I love you."

"I love you too."