Chapter 7

Chapter 7

One week Later…..

“Can we meet up tomorrow after school to work on the project? Or another day?” I texted Max. I sit up in my room and Lay on my bed going through my twitter. “Ding Ding” My phone said “Text message from Max.” I swiped to rely and it read “Yeah, I’ll work on it. Where do you want to meet?” “What about your place?” I responded. I waited a couple seconds and he texted back, “Um, I don’t know about my place.” “Fine, let’s go to the coffee shop again.” I replied. “Ok. See you tomorrow.” He texted back. I lay my head back and think about what is actually happening. What if I’m falling for Max? That can’t happen. It’s worse enough working on the project with him. But that? No. I can’t risk people finding out about that. Plus I’m not gay. Or Am I? Oh my god, this kid is changing me and I need to stop.

I didn’t sleep at all think about what’s going on through my head. I just laid there and stared at the ceiling all night long. What if I am gay? I mean it wouldn’t be so bad. I just wouldn’t want other people to find out. There is something about Max that got me felling weird. I get up and brush my teeth then got ready for school. I went to grab my phone off the charger but it wasn’t there. I start throwing stuff around in my room trying to find it. Then I see it. It was under my bed. How in the world did it get there? I ask my self. I could been sure I had it on charge before I lay in my bed. I grab the rest of my belongings and head down into the kitchen. “Wow, I didn’t have to wake you this time.” Mom said sarcastically. “Funny.” I responded. I sat down at the table and started to yawn. “Why are you tired? You just woke up?” Asked my dad. “I didn’t sleep at all last night so shh.” I demanded.  “Don’t tell me you snuck out again. Zach I told you to not do that again. How many times do I have to tell you sleep is important for school so you can concentrate? I don’t want to take your licenses longer then they have to be gone for.” My mom kept going on and on. “I didn’t sneak out!  I just laid in my bed and couldn’t sleep.” I shouted. “Good. I mean well good that you didn’t sneak out but not good for your sleep.” She smiled. I finished eating breakfast and then laid on the couch. “Get up, we are leaving Mr.” demanded my mom. I got up and head to the Tahoe. “Why couldn’t you sleep last night?” Asked my mom while backing out of the driveway. I don’t know. I replied. “You where thinking about something or someone wasn’t you?” Asked my mom while smiling. “Aw, you finally got a girl.” Laughed my sister.

That was the thing it wasn’t a girl. It was a boy. I thought in my head. “Shut up!” I demanded and leaned back into the seat.

We got to the school and I head inside. The usual everyone saying hi to me. I just smile and go to my locker. “Zach, I have a question?” Asked Gretchen. “What is it?” I asked. “How was Max on the project? Did he get extra nerdy? Did he try to kiss you?” Everyone started laughing. “I bet that fag did. Did you punch him?” Asked Andrew. “No, he didn’t try that. And he’s not even gay. If anything he is straighter then you.” Everyone started to laugh. “I thought your mom was helping you?” Trevor asked. I looked at him and just looked back into my locker. “Oh look here he comes.” Smiled Trevor. Everyone turned around. I see Alyssa grab something from her back pocket. She pulls out her phone and start recording. She must put something in his locker I thought. “What are you doing? I asked her. “Watch.” She smiles. Max walks towards his locker and I know this isn’t going to be good. He opens his locker and a bunch of condoms start coming out. Then there is a balloon that comes out after everything has fallen and it says, “Gays have to use protection.” Everyone in the hallway starts laughing. He looks towards me and shakes his head. He grabs his book and walks down the hallway. “So going on YouTube.” Laughed Alyssa. I shake my head and walked to my first period class. Why are people so rude? I feel like a coward just letting it happen. He doesn’t deserve any of that. I go in the classroom and lay my head down on the desk. The first couple minutes of class I heard, and then I was out cold.

“Zach! Zach, wake up.” Yelled Mr. Goldenberg. You are going to be late for your second period class. I grab my stuff and head out the door. Soon as I walk in to trig the intercom shouted; “Zach Larson head to the counselors office. Zach Larson to the counselor’s office.” “Ohhhh, someone is in trouble.” Everyone said and started to laugh. I walk down to mom’s office and walked in. “What are you doing falling asleep in class?” She started to yell. “Sorry, I was tired. Plus English is boring.” I responded. “Well, do it again and your grounded. Plus a detention. There isn’t no me stopping you this time. She demanded. Now go to your class.” She informed. “Oh, I’m going to work on the Chemistry project again today after school.” I said. She turned around and smiled. I don’t know what is with her every single time I say that nerds name. Seriously. I head back to class and before I walked in Trevor stopped me. “Now back to earlier, I thought you were working on your project with your mom?” He asked. “Well turned out I got a partner.” I responded. And shoved him out of my way so I can walk. “Why did you lie? You could have told me the truth.” He asked. “You giving me a hard time and them? Please I don’t need some people gossiping about every single thing I do. I responded. “Giving you a hard time? Shut up, because two days ago you made fun of him like we did. Now you are on his side?” He pointed out. “I got to go.” I replied back fiercely. “What has gotten into you?” He asked. “Nothing has. I just got a lot on my mind with college and everything.” I responded. “Well, if you need to come chill just come over.” He smiled and walked away. I walk back in to class and ignore what the teacher has to say. He hands me a paper with notes from yesterday and then a worksheet for today. I start filling out the paper, and I look back and see Max looking at his worksheet. He looked up and I immediately turn my head.  Oh my god this is awkward I thought. I turn my head slowly back around he seen me and started to laugh. I turn my head back around and started to laugh also. This is extremely weird. I thought. The bell started to ring and I head to my locker for my books. “What the hell did you do to Max this morning?” Asked Carmen viciously. I turn around and say, “I had nothing to do with it and he knows that.” I respond while shutting my locker door. “Really? Because he said you just stood there. If you had nothing to do with it, you would have stopped them.” She pointed out. I started to walk away from her. “Don’t walk away from me!” She says and follows me. “I’m telling you I didn’t have anything to do with it.” I shouted and people turned around to stare. I stop and turn around. “Look, I didn’t have anything to do with it. I wanted to stop it. But you know it is harder than it sounds.” She frowns and walks away. I turn back around and head to Chemistry. I walk into the class and see Max sitting at the lab station. I rush over and say, “Look, I didn’t have anything to do with what they did to you this morning.” “I know.” He smiled. “You know?” I asked. “Yes, I know. I saw you. You had a look on your face like you wanted to kill them.” He laughs. “I did not have a look on my face.” I raise my voice and people look at me.  “I did not have a look on my face.” I whisper. “Yes you Did Zach.” He laughs. Mr. King walks in and says; “Oh I forgot to tell you. You are presenting your project to the class also.” “See you have the concerned look on your face again.” Max smiles. “Shut up.” I demanded. Mr. King kept talking for the rest of the class about the project and the bell finally rung.