The Shadow War Part II: The Day of the Ducks

Everyone stared in shock as they watched Magica from the houseboat. Magica used her powers to take control of everyone's shadow in Duckburg. Magica created a purple, electric force field as she floated above the city of Duckburg. "Come to me, my shadow puppets!" Magica commanded. With each shadow she gains, her shadow vortex gets bigger and bigger. Everyone gasped as they saw their own shadows leave to Magica. "So, still going to Cape Suzette, right? Cool, yeah, I'll start the boat." Louie said as he began to walk away. Charlotte quickly grabbed his hoodie and dragged him back to the group.

Magica floated to the Money Bin, her shadow vortex growing bigger and bigger. She swirled the vortex around before swinging it to the Bin, creating a massive hole on the side. Everyone gasped at the sight. Magica entered the Bin and created a tall throne made out of Scrooge's money. She sat on her throne as the shadows formed into a giant vortex above the Bin.

"Magica De Spell!" Mrs. Beakley said while Donald gasped. "Wait, who?" Dewey asked. "Magica De Spell. A vile sorceress with a mysterious, ancient grudge against Clan McDuck. She was Scrooge's bitterest rival, but no one's seen her since they fought on Mount Vesuvius fifteen years ago." Webby explained. "Alright, all! Cool heads! We must help Scrooge before anything else-." Mrs. Beakley stopped herself when a mossy arm cling onto the houseboat.

Everyone but Charlotte screamed as they quickly moved away. The mossy creature began to climb onto the houseboat. "Take my brothers first, please!" Louie begged as he pushed Huey and Dewey forward. The mossy creature stood up and removed all the moss on its body to reveal Manny, the now-not-headless horseman from Scrooge's garage.

Wait... It's him! I didn't think I would see him again. "Oh." Donald said. "It's just Manny!" Huey said. Manny? Is that his name? Manny then helped pull up Gyro and Little Bulb. "That's it! No more underwater labs! It's volcanos or abandoned castles from now on!" Gyro shouted. "Dr. Gearloose!? What happened!?" Huey asked. "Our own shadows came to life and wrecked the lab." Huey was about to say something when Gyro stopped him. "But, my Shadow Control Ray is still in the test phase, so this one is not on me." Gyro said. "Everybody listen up!" Donald said before saying something really fast in his unique voice. Everyone looked at each other.

"What?"
What?

"Did anyone get any of that?" Launchpad asked. No, not really. "It's mostly context clues." Huey said. "We get, like, every third word." Louie said. "Nope. Completely unintelligible." Dewey said. Donald got offended. "I'll show you unintelligible!" Donald shouted as he chased after Dewey. "Ugh! I don't have time for this." Gyro said before pulling out a small device. "The Barksian Modulator! Able to translate neural impulses into sonic transmissions." Gyro said. "Huh?" Launchpad asked. Gyro sighed. "It's a voice box." Gyro simplified.

"Oh, okay."

"Yeah, good idea."

"What's took you so long?"

"Barksian Modulator."

"Buh."

Donald quacked angrily as he continued to chase Dewey. Gyro quickly grabbed Donald and held him as he forced Donald to swallow the modulator down to a specific spot. Donald got out of Gyro's grasp. "Hands off of me..." Donald's hard-to-understand voice suddenly changed to one that everyone could understand. "... you mad scientist!" Donald finished as he soon realized that his voice changed. Woah! That's a bit weird to hear. "Woah. He sounds so normal." Dewey said. "Rubber baby buggy bumpers. Rubber baby buggy bumpers. Rubber baby buggy bumpers!" Donald chuckled. "Wow, never been able to say that before!" Donald said in joy.

Donald cleared his throat before turning to everyone. "As I was saying, Uncle Scrooge is in trouble, and it's up to us to help him. Adventure is in our blood. We gave down perilous foes and endless danger everyday, but we always prevail. Because these Ducks don't back down!" Donald rallied. "Thank you, Donald. Now, we need to-."
"Stage a coordinated attack!" Donald finished for Mrs. Beakley.