CHAPTER 11

Three days passed, until Derek finally woke up. He felt better. The kind of better you can feel after turning completely human. Scott visited him to tell him about Selena and the alpha and hoped that Derek could tell him what actually happened to him. And he did. It was not Selena, who stole Dereks power. Derek was at the woods when an alpha attacked him and took it from him. Derek didn't know him, but after he described him to Scott, Scott was sure that it was the same alpha that tried to kill Selena. The pack was glad, that Derek was awake and that he was getting better, but he did not give them the answers they hoped for. Selena and the alpha still were a mystery. Scott didn't tell Derek about their assumption of Selena being a goddess of the moon, he thought it would be a good idea if they would first get to know each other. Maybe he was scared that Derek would react the same way his uncle did. On a Saturday morning, the whole pack met at the hospital to visit Derek. Derek was already waiting for them when they entered the small room. He still didn't look too well.

"What's wrong?", Lydia whispered when she noticed Selena looking at Derek with a confused expression. Selena stared at him with narrowed eyes.

"No, nothing. I just... had a feeling.", Selena answered and averted her gaze.

"You mean, down there? Don't worry, every straight woman has that feeling when they see Derek for the first time.", Lydia said and shrugged her shoulders, thinking that Derek looked even more attractive as a vulnerable human.

"What? No! I... god, no.", Selena muttered and looked at Lydia with a shocked expression in her face. Lydia returned the shocking face, realizing that Selena actually meant it.

"Oh my god. Sel, are you... lesbian? That's great!"

"Oh cool, there are some nice girls at our school, we can...", Allison suddenly started after her and Kira turned their attention to the girls conversation, thinking it was much more interesting than the boys talking about supernatural problems.

"Lydia, no! I am not lesbian.", Selena muttered, rolling her eyes when seeing Lydias expression changing again. She would not drop that topic.

"Wha-... what kind of guys do you like then if you don't find Derek Hale attractive?"

"Are you bi sexual? We're cool with that, don't worry.", Kira joined their discussion and Selena felt like beating her head against a wall. She was done with that topic.

"Oh my god, I like Stiles!", Selena said a little too loud and suddenly the whole room went quiet. Selena felt everyone staring at her, she turned her head to the floor, hiding her face behind her hands and sighed. In that moment, she wished that the alpha would run through the door and kill her.

"Uhm... well that's Selena by the way. The girl I told you about.", Scott said after clearing his throat, saving Selena from the embarrassing moment. Selena looked at Derek for a short moment to wave at him, he returned it by nodding his head one time.

"Do you know any shape shifter with silver eyes? Anything that can help us?", Deaton asked Derek to which he just shook his head.

"No but if silver eyes are the only thing you noticed, you're far away from a solution. That's pretty much nothing. You must have a presumption already, otherwise you wouldn't come here." Deaton looked like he felt caught, even though he knew that Derek knew the pack too well.

"Well, actually there's one legend that came to my mind.", Dr. Deaton answered and looked at Selena, who suddenly seemed very interested in the conversation. She took a few steps forward to listen to them, leaving her hiding place behind Lydia and Allison.

"Selena, you said that the alpha attacked you and that you were able to escape because he froze for a short moment." Selena nodded her head and looked at Deaton, waiting for his answer.

"So, there must be a reason for that and I think that reason is the key. If nobody was inside the room with you, you must have been the reason for that. I mean, you probably did something to cause his freeze. And that's why I thought of the legend of the lupus iudex potestate.", Deaton explained and Selena did nothing but stand there with question marks inside her brain.

"It means something like the judge of the wolfs power.", Lydia translated, trying to help Selena find any sense in all of these words.

"Indeed. Most people call them god or goddess of the moon though. Someone who is able to take away the power of a werewolf."

"What the hell are you talking about, would someone please explain me what that means?" Selena got nervous, her hands were shaking and her voice was trembling. Stiles wasn't sure if it was anger or sadness, but either way, he just wanted to comfort her.

"We did some research. Apparently, the god of the moon is a child who was born by a werewolf in the night of a lunar eclipse. They obtain their power from the nature, they are supposed to provide justice. It's their job to take the power of the ones who misuse it for chaos and harm." Deatons voice was calm but Selena couldn't seem to relax.

"This girl can be anything but she's definitely not a goddess of the moon.", Derek said all of a sudden and Deaton turned his head to him.

"You know about the legends?" Derek nodded his head.

"Yeah, my mum told us about them. Apparently in her pack was a god of the moon born when she was a child. But it's highly unlikely that gods of the moon even exist anywhere. For centuries already wolf children who are born in the night of a lunar eclipse get killed not later than three days after their birth. We are talking about werewolves here and we all know some who use their powers to harm others. So they kill the babies to prevent themselves."

"How do they find them though? It's not like every pack got a psychotic uncle like yours.", Isaac said and held his hands in defence when Derek shot him an angry glare.

"That's number two why she can't be one. They have a really strong and powerful aura, werewolves can feel it over miles away, so it's easy for others to find them. If Selena was a goddess of the moon, the two of you would definitely know.", Derek explained and changed looks between Scott and Isaac.

"Wait a minute, we both had such a feeling when the alpha was at the Argents house. Maybe he's a god of the moon, I mean he also stole your power, right? Who knows, maybe they don't have silver eyes, maybe they are just usual werewolves with a special power.", Scott said and everyone tried to follow his thoughts. It did make sense though. Derek shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know. My mum never told us how they look or if they could shift, no one probably ever lived long enough to find out about it." Again, the room got quiet. Instead of getting answers, they only got more questions and riddles and Selena started to get frustrated. She was mad. Not at Derek or Deaton, or Scott, but because of everything.

"Fine, so the already dead alpha was a god of the moon. What the hell am I and what did he want from me?"