7. Before the Match

Song for this chapter ~ Thief by Ansel Elgort

As the next few days had gone by within the blink of an eye, I had very little time to comprehend how the events of my life were playing out.

It was only a week ago that I was sitting alone at the Slytherin table, keeping to myself, not daring to mutter a word to anyone after last week's Defence Against the Dark Arts class.

However, now, I spent most of my meals at the Gryffindor table, along with George and his friends. Although so much had gone down between the two of us a few nights earlier, not much had happened since. Of course, we still had most of our classes together, and yes, we did tolerate each other slightly more than usual; however, George had been playing off the whole thing rather coolly. Not that it bothered me or anything—after all, the newfound intimacy between us was solely physical.

Although both our eagerness showed, nothing had happened since the night spent in The Great Hall. Our flirty banter still continued, as he was always in the mood to tease me; however, neither of us had found the time or place to continue from where we left off that night.

Nonetheless, I had come to be quite familiar with his Gryffindor friends—having a particular closeness for both Lee and Andy, who were the most welcoming of the group. Although two years younger than myself, I had developed an admiration for Hermione, who had gone out of her way to make me feel more welcome and comfortable by discussing Muggle topics with me.

Although the others weren't unwelcoming, they remained either wary or impartial to my presence. Angelina always seemed to be preoccupied with Fred—who the latter I'm sure suspected something between George and I. Ron seemed to either be busy arguing with Hermione, or shoving food in his mouth, while Harry appeared to be downright intimidated by me. Wood, not surprisingly, always seemed annoyed by my presence, constantly stating that his team shouldn't be discussing Quidditch in front of one of their rivals.

Speaking of Quidditch

I had completely forgotten Slytherin's first match was coming up tomorrow morning—versus Gryffindor on top of everything, and I hadn't heard a single word from Flint since the beginning of term. The first few weeks had been so chaotic in terms of everything that was not only going on with George, but also with the escape of Sirius Black—who since a few a days ago, had still yet to be discovered.

Worried about where I now stood in terms of remaining on the Quidditch team after practically everyone in my House turned against me, I decided it'd be best if I go see Flint about it.

As I stood up from my seat—interrupting a conversation I was now having with Lee about a Muggle radio show, George now looked up at me as a way of questioning where I was going.

"Just going to see Flint about tomorrow's match." I said announcing to the table, although only George seemed interested, as a sudden look of panic and uneasiness showed on his face. Fred now turned to him with a tense look on his face now.

Weird

As I now made my way to the Slytherin table, I couldn't see Flint; however, I did see Harrison, so I decided to approach him instead. As he began to notice me, not much to my surprise, he shot a glare, as well as a look of disgust, as he now looked away from me.

"Where's Flint?" I asked. "We have our first game tomorrow, and haven't practiced once yet." Harrison now turned back to face me, and scoffed loudly.

"You should know," He glared. "He just went to the Hospital Wing to try and convince Madam Pomfrey to let Adrian play tomorrow's game." A look of befuddlement now adorned my face.