✘1.18

These four lonely walls have changed the way I feel.
Nothing else matters now you're not here.

"Baby...what happened?" The tearful, shaky voice of her Mother asked in an almost whisper upon seeing her distraught daughter moments before her demise.

"Mum-" Jisoo choked out, clutching the material of her Mother's jacket in her desperate fists, grabbing onto the figure who had brought her up. "I didn't know." She whispered.

Her Mother's face was a sickly pale, sheen of tears coating her eyes, hands trembling as she cupped her daughters soft tearstained cheeks.

"Jisoo, listen to me." She began, taking a deep breath before speaking. "I would do anything for you, I would die for you- tell me what I need to do. I can't let you- I c-can't lose you." Her Mother whispered at the end.

Jisoo shook her head, heart aching profusely.
"There's nothing we can do."

They both knew that but didn't want to face it.
"Soo-soo?" A timid voice carried through the air, confusion stricken by the fact both of them were crying.

"Dasom-ah, come here." Jisoo spoke with a smile despite the sorrowful tears falling down her cheeks, motioning for the 7 year old girl to join them.

The girl came running into the living room, her pigtails with the little red bows in them swishing side to side as she ran to wrap her arms around Jisoo.

"Where are you going?" Dasom asked, eliciting a pang hitting Jisoo's chest and she forced a smile.
"Just away, to earth for a while."
"Really? A guardian angel? I knew you would one day!" The girl exclaimed excitedly.

Jisoo panicked, looking at her Mum who nodded.
The twenty year old girl crouched down, grabbing Dasom's small hands in her own- smiling up at her despite the blurriness of her tears.

"I won't be back for a long time Dasom-ie...can you promise me something?"
Dasom innocently nodded, confused as to why Jisoo was so upset over being a guardian angel- something she wanted for years.

"Make sure to look after yourself, look after Mum and Yeonju okay? Please stay happy and healthy, I'm very proud of you Som-ie, you are going to be an amazing Angel."

"Really?"
"Of course." Jisoo nodded, voice breaking into a tearful state. "I love you." She added.

Dasom smiled widely, her dimples on show as she wrapped her arms around Jisoo's neck.
"I love you too Soo-soo. Don't cry."

Jisoo stood up from her crouched position, letting out an uneasy shaky sigh- unable to breathe properly under the heartbreak she was feeling.

"Where's Dad?" Jisoo asked.
"He's...he's there." Her Mother spoke, mentioning the place she was headed to have her wings eradicated.

"I can't believe you." A betrayed, hurt voice spoke.
Jisoo turned around, seeing her 15 year old brother leaning against the doorframe with his intricate pure white wings brushing against the wall.

"Yeonju-"
"You're not my sister, my sister wouldn't be a sinner like you-"

"Yeonju!" Their Mother exclaimed.
The boy shook his head, not giving his sister another glance as he left without saying goodbye.

Jisoo stepped forward, hand on her Mother's arm.
"It's okay."

A small whimper came from her Mother who wouldn't allow herself to breakdown in front of her kids.
"Jisoo...it isn't your fault. Okay? It isn't, I wish I could help in some way, I've failed you as a-
"No, no you haven't...please don't think that. You've been the best Mum, the best person in my life. I'm forever grateful for you, I can't ever repay you for everything."

"I can't let you go, I can't do it." Her Mother shook her head, lowering her head down as she began to cry with her shoulders shaking.

"I'll be okay, I promise." Jisoo tried her best to keep a strong composure but she could feel herself breaking with every second passing.

The girl sat on the bed in the attic room she was given to live in, looking around at the bare walls. She was an intruder in this house, she didn't belong there.

Extremely homesick, she felt the turbulent churning of her gut as she thought about her family.

"I hope everything is okay." She murmured, looking out of the window and at the clear blue sky.

"I miss you so much." She whispered, all of the memories she had made in her twenty years of life meant nothing now- she had no connection to her life as an Angel.

Stripped of everything she knew, leaving her lost and completely lonely.

Poor Jisoo :(