chapter fourteen

o l i v i a

Putting a hand over my mouth, I try my best to stifle my laughter. Under the dark night sky, Parker and I crouch behind a bush. "We're going to sneak around the corner of the building, but remember to avoid that camera right over there." He points to the camera facing the parking lot.

He grabs my hand and we rush over to the entrance. "Okay, be my watch guard while I open the doors," Parker instructs. Adrenaline rushes through my veins. I feel like I'm about to rob a bank or commit a home invasion.

While he fumbles with the keys to unlock the doors, I nervously glance around the premise, hoping no one finds us. "Got it." He slowly pulls on one of the doors open and holds it for me.

Parker takes my hand again and offers me a comforting smile. "We're going to get caught!" I whisper.

He smirks down at me and kisses my nose. "No we won't," he reassures.

________________________

one hour earlier...

I stare up at the ceiling in a daze, one hand resting on my sixteen week baby bump. My chest is still heaving from my intense make out session with Parker. He comes back from the kitchen with a glass of water in hand and passes it to me. "Thought you might be thirsty."

I'll never get used to how much of a gentleman Parker is. "Thank you," I smile brightly.

He lifts up the bunched up comforter that covers only the bottom half of my body and slides in next to me. I peer over at the alarm clock that sits on Parker's nightstand. 1:35am. "Wow, I didn't realize how late it was."

"I'm still wired even though I had practice early this morning and spent the last hour eating your face," he says.

"Me too. Well, except for the practice part," I giggle.

Parker stares at me thoughtfully for a few seconds. "What?" I ask. "Is my lipstick smeared all over my face?"

He smiles. "No, I just remembered the times Greyson and I would sneak into the ice rink late at night. We'd take turns in the crease and skate until the sun was about to rise then sneak back into our houses. Even if we had practice earlier that day, we weren't satisfied."

I place my palm on his cheek and rub circles with my thumb. "You were such a daredevil. Correction, you still are a daredevil. Remember last week, when you climbed that super tall tree in Central Park, then proceeded to jump down from it."

Parker chuckles. "I'm guessing you were a goody two shoes."

"You'd be correct. I mean, I did go through this rebellious phase when I used makeup and crop tops to school," I tell him.

"You call that rebellious?" He teases.

I scoff, mocking offense. "Have you met my parents? If I did anything remotely bad, they would have my head."

"Touché," he agrees. Then, his eyebrows immediately lift and his eyes sparkle. It's like a lightbulb clicked in his head.

"Your parents aren't here," he states matter of factly.

My forehead creases. "And?"