two, 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐲

~ 3 Months Later ~

One of the best things that happened since I moved to New York was making a new friend. The other thing was my bakery/coffee shop was a day to opening. It's been getting a lot of attention and press because of my presence on Youtube as well as it being the first of its kind opening in Texas and now it's expansion. Boring business things.

I was at the location now doing last minute tweaking when I heard a banging on the door. I quickly turned and waved at Simone, my favorite and only friend. I walked over unlocking the door and she burst through it.

"Hey!" she squealed grabbing my shoulders shaking them a bit.

"Hey!" I laughed. Simone was another small influencer, weird, who lived in New York and messaged me when I was begging for friends on instagram. We hung out one night and found out we're practically soul mates at this point.

"How is this going?" she waved her hand around the fully decorated room.

"Fine, I'm super excited! Promotion has been going well!" I looked around the place picturing what it would look like with people filling the space.

"Mag that's awesome!" she said and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I'm so nervous!" I whined. I walked over behind the counter and poured some of my brands cold brew into a cup and handed it to Simone.

"You'll be fine." she assured.

I showed her around the place, the place was covered with greenery and was in the style of a museum, but for cannabis. Each wall was sectioned off with history, classic stoner movies, music, and art. Each table and seating was vintage creating a cozy atmosphere.

"I could spend hours here." Simone smiled complimenting my work. She walked around the place she has been in multiple times now looking at everything as she'd never seen it before.

"Same, I wish I had a place like this to do homework at when I was in college." I joked, but I meant it. This is everything I wanted in a coffee shop and I'm so glad I got to come up with a concept of my own.

*

*

*

I woke up extra early on the day of opening. I wanted to look my best, and that had to be professional. It's one thing being this young and having a company; it's another thing when that company is centered around cannabis.

I nudged Simone causing her to groan and swat at me.

"Bitch wake up!" I laughed, "I don't know what to wear, I'm so dumb why didn't I plan this!" I panicked and ran to my closet. Simone mumbled something in her sleep, but didn't get up.

After my shower and doing my makeup, which took longer than I thought, I finally decided to try some outfits that I had thought up of. Simone was finally up and helped me out with my fit, I was feeling weird, but excited.

I arrived to the shop surprised to see a decent sized line outside. I think I'm going to faint. My wonderful staff was also just as nervous, but excited. We went over our plan once more before opening the doors. I started getting more excited as the time ticked away, and before I knew it, a swarm of people flooded the room I spent months in planning.

Simone grabbed my hand with my camera in her other, and led me to the flooded streets of New York. I looked back to my shop and saw all the excited people, my people. My eyes started to flood with tears and I covered my mouth with my hand.

"No--Magnolia-- don't be such a baby!" Simone cooed wrapping her arm around my shoulders.

"I'm so happy!" I smiled at her and hugged her tightly.

----

NOLIPOLI Instagram Story

----

We had more people than anticipated and I was so thankful that all my hard work paid off. I even got an interview with the New York newspaper, and other forms of press. I could've left after five, but I was having too much fun. I spent most of the time walking around talking to customers and documenting their comments.

"Magnolia," Mia, the branch manger, tapped on my shoulder, "Call for you." she smiled and walked off. I grabbed the phone and rushed to the back room to take it.

"Hello?" I asked curious, expecting my mother.

"Hey is this Magnolia Powers?" a deep voice said into the phone.

"Yes... who is this?" I asked. I had an idea of who I was speaking to, but it didn't feel real.

"Pete." they answered and I grabbed the counter to stable myself.

"Oh yeah." I said causally, but really I slapped my hand over my mouth to not scream--and not say something dumb.

"I really want to check out the place, can my friends and I come after closing?" he asked and my head started to spin.

"You're not getting free things." I warned causing him to laugh.

"Nah make sure you have everything stocked, see ya." he said and hung up the phone. I had no words, Pete Davidson and friends are going to come to my bakery! I quickly pulled out my phone and called Simone.

"Hey come back!" I squealed.

"Are you dying?" she grumbled--I'm guessing I woke her up from a nap.

"I might literally fall over and die." I said.

"Okay I'll miss you so much, and I'll take care of the cats." she assured.

"Wait! Don't hang up, celebrities are coming tonight!" I said.

"Like who?"

"Pete Davidson, and his friends." I smiled.

"Ew." she said.

"Oh my God Simone," I whined like a child, "tell me you're not wrapped up in celebrity drama." I held in my laugh.

"Ariana Grande owns me." I could hear her pout through the phone.

"Me too, but you gotta be nice to people." I scolded her.

"Mmm call me when Harry Styles shows up."

"Simone--I don't want to be alone, I'm nervous." I admitted.

"Fine." she sighed. Thank God I have a friend like that to support me with whatever. I told her the details when to come and my already all day excitement was growing.

I closed a little earlier than I intended, but I wanted to get the place ready. I informed most of the staff of what was happening, but the majority of them were old and didn't even know who Pete was. After I cleaned the place up and restocked some items I sat at the seat near the window and waited.

I realized that I don't even have his number to confirm his arrival. I could really just sit here all night like a dumbass. I saw Simone come up so I quickly unlocked the front door and hugged her.

"Thank you." I smiled hugging her.

"I get free things." she smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and waved my arm towards the counter. Getting a little high before this seems fine. I pulled out my pen and took a few puffs to calm my nerves.