274

I keep forgetting that I have an assignment due tomorrow that I haven't even started writing yet.

Well, haven't updated since Sunday so here you go!

-

I felt better. I still had my worries and my stuff to deal with but I wasn't as jumpy as normal. The potion had helped but I knew it would stop working at the end of the day and Simon didn't want to make more of them because as he and my brothers keep saying, it's not the way to get better.

Today there was four months until Luke got released so that of course also had my mind racing. It had only been one month since his sentence but it had gone by so fast and his release date got closer and closer.

I was still so confused as how the jury thought he deserved nothing more than five months. He almost killed me. He raped and tortured me. He literally cut my arm with glass, though they didn't believe he did it just because I had self-harmed before.

Why would I carve 'Slut for Parkinson' in my own arm? Why would I brand myself in that way? Their thinking didn't make sense and I was still so angry that they didn't give him a longer sentence.

"Aren't you tired?" Fred asked, looking down at me as he walked me to class. "You didn't sleep at all tonight. Victoire told me."

"Oh... no, I'm fine."

I hadn't been able to sleep because I was scared of getting a nightmare. Before Emery, Roxi and Victoire woke up, I took that potion so that it would last for the rest of the day and one of the other good things about it was that it gave me more energy so I didn't feel tired at all.

"Are you sure?" Fred asked. "You know, it worries me to know that you aren't sleeping."

I sighed.

"Do you know what today is?"

"Wednesday..."

"It's been a month since the trial." I said as I rubbed a hand over my face. "And in four months he's getting out. He ruined so much. He shouldn't be allowed to get out and walk around freely."

Fred grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me towards a classroom that hadn't been used in years. I followed, knowing he was gonna give me some type of speech about my safety. He pushed open the door and we walked out but we both froze immediately.

Emery was sitting on one of the table with Sammy standing between her legs and they were making out, though at the sound of the door creaking, they quickly ripped themselves away from each other.

Then Fred broke into laughter, bending over to hold his knees as the sound of his laugh filled the room. I juts stood next to my older brother all awkwardly, scanning my best friend and my twin brother.

Sammy's tie was loose and his dress shirt was pulled out of his trousers. His hair was messy as if it had been pulled on and Emery's cheeks were flushed, her hair a big messy too and a few of the buttons on her shirt was undone while both of their robes lied on the floor.

"I uh..." my eyebrows came together in a frown as I thought about what to say. Then I turned around and walked out again.

I honestly didn't know what to think about that. My best friend and my brother. My best friend an my... brother.

Emery and Sammy.

Sammy and Emery.

Fred caught up with me, seeing as I wasn't allowed to be on my own. He was still laughing about it but more to himself while we walked next to each other.

"It's not funny."

"It's very funny." he nodded, grinning widely from ear to ear. "And I'm proud. My little brother is getting some."

I glared up at him as I swatted his arms. "From my best friend."

"So?" he laughed. "If they like each other that's great, isn't it?"

"I guess."

"Unless they're just fucking."

"Fred." I sighed. "Please don't say that."

Of course I'd be happy for Sammy and Emery if they turned out to be a thing but it's not exactly nice to walk in on them when they were obviously about to have sex in an empty classroom. Don't even know why they'd want that. Sex is painful and something you just need to get over with.

"Listen, I'll be here when your class ends." Fred told me when we reached the transfiguration room. "Emery and Sammy should be here soon but I'll walk the three of you to lunch afterwards."

He pulled me in for a short hug.

"And tonight you are getting some sleep, you hear me?"

"Yeah yeah." I shrugged. "Whatever you say. I'll see you in an hour, Freddie."