chapter eleven

"Another body?" You ask, brows furrowing deeply

"Another body?" You ask, brows furrowing deeply. "That's not possible, you guys arrested—"

Hotch wastes no time in cutting you off, "Well obviously we didn't get the profile correct. Get dressed." His arms are crossed against his chest and you remember you're still in your panties.

You are about to turn to dress but you hesitate while Hotch stays firmly planted in the doorway of your room. "You need something?"

"Are you drunk?" His eyes narrow and he steps into your room, closing the door behind him.

"Yes, please do come in," You shake your head.

"You got drunk while on the job?" Hotch eyes you as you gather up some clothes.

"I wasn't on the job, you made that clear to all of us," You let out an angry breath and button your blouse, tucking it into a pair of slacks.

"Well everyone else didn't act so irresponsibly, so childish," You feel like you're being chastised by your dad for missing your curfew or sneaking into the liquor cabinet. "I mean for god's sake, Y/n, do you even know this guy's name?"

"Don't raise your voice at me," You pull on a pair of boots and gather up your materials.

Hotch's eyes glance around the room. They land on your clothes tossed carelessly around the room. They jump to the sheets on the bed, wrinkled and bunched up. "How could you be so reckless? So immature?"

"We caught the unsub, he was in custody, we were done. Every other member of the team is hungover or still drunk," You throw your hand in the direction of their rooms.

"Yeah well, strange men didn't come stumbling out of their rooms when I knocked on their doors." Hotch fires back at you.

"Don't we have a case to reopen?" You move past him but he shoots his hand out to catch your wrist and stop you.

He clutches onto you with vice-like strength, keeping you locked in place. Underneath his angry gaze, his words come out in a softer, cracking voice, "Was it worth it?"

You pause and look up into his eyes, hoping something in them will tell you what to say, how to act, "Let me go," You breathe and pull your wrist from him.

You meet the team in the lobby, the rest of your coworkers looking equally hungover and grumpy. Except for Rossi. He looks just fine. He sits with a small cup of coffee and a newspaper in his hands, "Wow you all really don't know how to handle your liquor, huh?"

"God Rossi please just shut up," Prentiss rubs a small circle on her temple.

You try to distance yourself from Hotch as much as possible and scoot up next to Reid.

"So how'd it go with what's his name?" Reid looks over at you, keeping his voice low.

"Hotch showed up," You grit your teeth.